Author Topic: Questions for an allotmenteer  (Read 1945 times)

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
Questions for an allotmenteer
« on: July 27, 2012, 14:06:49 »
Firstly, I have not been on here much the last couple of weeks as all internet forums and message boards have now been blocked at work.

Onto the main point.

I am in charge of our website, it is very new, as is the association.  At last night's committee meeting we discussed a few ideas for some content to improve it, and one of those raised was a periodical Q&A session with a member of the association.  The same questions asked each time.

I thought this was an excellent idea, and the first victim shall be our Chairman.

Can anyone think of some good questions for such a feature?

I shall have a drink in honour of all good questions suggested.  I shall have two for each rubbish one.  ;)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Re: Questions for an allotmenteer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 23:28:04 »
I'd go for the same structure rather than literally the same questions, rather along the lines of the "ten minute interviews" that you see in the weekend papers.  That way you can build each question upon previous answers.

Category 1: Who are you, and what role do you play in our allotment life?

Category 2: What are your credentials?  How long have you been gardening, how big an allotment? What sort of thing do you grow?  Do you keep livestock (poultry, bees)?  Do you enter the local show?  Are you organic?

Category 3: What are your favourite veg/fruit/herbs/breed of duck?  What tips would you give for success?

Category 4: What are your public enemy no 1 to 3 pests?  What do you do about them?

Category 5: If you were taking over an allotment today as a newbie, what would you do first? What tools would you buy?  How would you improve the soil?

Category 6:  Greatest lottie achievement? Most embarrassing lottie failure?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal