Author Topic: Graham feels a bit sorry for himself  (Read 5367 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Graham feels a bit sorry for himself
« on: July 23, 2012, 13:39:50 »
Graham hasn't been very well lately and after blood and urine tests, an x-ray and an ultra sound he has been diagnosed with age-related kidney disease.

He is just 13 and this is the first time in his life he hasn't been well.

You can see in this photo where he was shaved to have the ultra sound done.  He didn't need any sedation for anything except the x-ray, and the vet said he was a 'real gentleman'!

He is on tablets now for the rest of his life and has seemed much better for the past week. 

[attachment=1]
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Graham feels a bit sorry for himself
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 14:16:24 »
Aww..he is good looking 'chap'.. even when obviously giving a sulking face... ;D No health problem is nice but don't they know how to make number out of it even when not in pain.. ::)..they know how to pull heart strings.
Does he have to go into special diet too?

We've been just looking for older dog to go with our nutter.. ::) Rang couple of places yesterday who were advertizing border terriers..but they were already gone.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 14:37:29 »
Graham always seems to look sad on photos, no idea why!  No, no special diet thank goodness.  He is not a greedy dog and will not eat most dried food. 

Have you tried Border Terrier Rescue? It doesn't look as though they have a suitable dog at the moment but it might be worth enquiring.

http://www.borderterrierwelfare.org.uk/index.htm
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 15:31:48 »
Code: [Select]
Have you tried Border Terrier Rescue? It doesn't look as though they have a suitable dog at the moment but it might be worth enquiring.No I haven't...yet. Thanks for the link..I shall keep eye on it. I'm sure the right one will turn up when time is right. Usually there is 'friend of the friend' or somebody knows 'such and such' that is looking for new owners for their relation's pet. We seem to inherit our dogs.
Amber (our present nutter) is first one we've bought, though she is second hand too and she in in need of dog company.
We are not specifically looking for border terrier, one would be nice but something similar type would do too. Amber is lakeland X jack russell, but as long as they get on, that's what matters.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 15:35:49 »
Sorry to hear that after the worry with Vera now Graham isn't too well either.  Hope all will be well with the tablets and he will be much better soon.  How is Vera, by the way?

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 15:42:16 »
Poor Graham, vets are great, but expensive, but we all love our animals.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 15:58:15 »
Sorry to hear that after the worry with Vera now Graham isn't too well either.  Hope all will be well with the tablets and he will be much better soon.  How is Vera, by the way?

I seem to be living at the vets lately. Vera and Graham are both insured but if they weren't I would find the money from somewhere.  As Borlotti says, we love our animals.

Vera is doing well.  You wouldn't know by looking at her that she has a serious illness, the tablets seem to be keeping it under control thank goodness.

Both of them will have to have regular blood tests.  That was something I had always dreaded but they are both as good as gold about it.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 17:27:39 »
Pets become part of the family - sad to see them not in the best of health. Graham looks a smasher.

Our rabbit "Pebbles" (came home with our daughter from Northen Ireland) has had more trips to the vet than I've had fillings. He is now in bouncing health I'm delighted to say as the vet bills were growing faster than he was!!

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 18:18:51 »
As long as he is not in pain, and enjoys life and his walks with you! He is a lucky dog :)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 23:44:25 »
As long as he is not in pain, and enjoys life and his walks with you! He is a lucky dog :)

Yes he is, they both are.  It must make it easier that they are good at the vets.  Glad he is responding and things are looking up for him with the treatment.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal