Author Topic: Diabetic dessert  (Read 3094 times)

Maggzy

• Not So New ...
Diabetic dessert
« on: July 17, 2012, 21:09:31 »
Hi all

Can any one give me any recipes for diabetic desserts/ sweets/ puddings. I am a cook in a small nursing home and we now have two residents who are diabetic and I am finding it hard to find suitable recipe's.
Thanks in advance :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Diabetic dessert
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 23:51:20 »
How many do you want one recipe to  feed?  I can give you some if you give me an idea of numbers.

Also go to the SPLENDA site in the UK, they will give you ideas for diabetic cooking using Splenda. You can cook with this one but not with the other sweeteners. It is acceptable by the Diabetic Associations too.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 07:00:01 »
It would be good to substitute white flour with wholemeal flour too. No meal needs to be sugar free, as J says, use Splenda.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:44:16 »
I'm now using truvia or pure via

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:09:52 »
Im a member of Diabetes Daily,their webpage has some interesting recipes that I have tried and found tasty.

http://www.diabetesdaily.com/

Gazza

Maggzy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 15:02:36 »
Jeannie it is for 3 people Yes I do use splender for baking and use sugar free jellies and angel delights but was looking for something different to make rather than sponges etc. Thanks all :)

Maggzy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 15:10:49 »
Aw thanks Gazza for that link, looks like some very mouth watering recipes on there that I will certainly be trying :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 18:01:44 »
Do you still need more after getting the link, if so what do you need XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Maggzy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 22:12:46 »
Do you still need more after getting the link, if so what do you need XX Jeannine

Yes Jeannine I could do with some more if you don't mind and thank you very much. x

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 22:36:34 »

Yes Jeannine I could do with some more if you don't mind and thank you very much. x

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/archive/t-170731.html

Here is a jelly and cottage cheese dessert, made with sugarfree jelly.  Can be decorated with fruit slices.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 16:42:02 »
You might have some success with custard type desserts too - chocolate creams made with milk, eggs, cocoa and sweetener can be really nice too, on same theme, vanilla ones and you can also get artifical flavours like coconut, etc, some health food stores may stock unsweetened dessert bases made from agar agar, you can sweeten them artificialy.
Don't forget just fruit, in moderation, stewed compotes and fools can be delicious and not too high in sugar, even though their quantities may be limited.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal