Author Topic: Unwelcome Visitors  (Read 3645 times)

Derek

• Acre
Unwelcome Visitors
« on: February 27, 2005, 14:34:09 »
I visited the allotment site today and discovered that several nearby sheds have been broken into yet again.  >:(

Nothing of great value or importance has been taken, it would seem that the individual(s) who carried out the attack was looking for small items such as knives

Fortunately my sheds were not forced (My locks were too well fitted) but I did find a 'Wolf' tool nearby which had been taken from a neighbour's shed and used to force other sheds.
A polythene covered greenhouse next door had the polythene cut to have a look inside..the door was unlocked.

Obviously the bad weather doesn't put them off

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

TULIP-23

• Hectare
Re: Unwelcome Visitors
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 14:57:30 »
Derek
So sorry to hear about the Problem
Helass a sign of the times
What they need is a Good Smacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring back National Service for all the Yobs on Second thoughts bring back National Service Period
Courts and Punishment....Dention Centres are only a Learning Curve for the ::::::::s they come out so much the Wiser and the Tax Payer  ends up footing the Bill. Prison is just the same to many Bloody do Gooders in this System.
Caught by the Police....there free for  a Long long period
free to commit the same thing over and over again.
You ...I....and everyone else here are Powerless to do anything other than spend your  hard earned Money thinking up different ways to defeat them with Security Devices that dont often do any good anyway.
The Council´s do nothing except raise the Cost!!
The Police do sod all too Busy Chasing Car thieves!!
The Courts do Nothing.........because the Case as waited to long and all the Witness have Died in the mean time!!
The Prison system is so full that they send them to Butlins for a Holiday!!
Gods Give up as well!!            Mike

« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 15:03:05 by TULIP-23 »
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 18:43:12 »
It keeps raising it's ugly head this one. There really isn't an answer to it other than sleeping on the plot. Mind you, I doubt that would deter some of them. A smear of super glue here and there? A catapult loaded with slug innards on a trip wire? A circular saw set to knee height?
Last year on our site we had a cheeky sod who picked the best of crops from different plots. He nicked my lettuce. I was a bit miffed he left my onions I thought they were the best!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 19:07:44 »
They'd just finished marking out the plots on our new allotment, sprayed and rotavated, having previously erected a £30,000 8ft steel fence. :)

First a car (presumably stolen) was rammed into the fence to allow some children to enter and pull a few wooden plot markers. ::)  I put a bolt in the bent and broken end to stop temporarily further petty vandalism. ::)

On the next visit I noticed a large anti tamper bolt was removed from  a horizontal rail support and the fence bent to allow access (so I thought ???) the secretary seems to think they were after a section of the fence for scrap. :o I was unable to fix that. :-\

Today I spotted an upright fence rail with a anti tamper bolt removed, so I quickly replaced that too, I must make a habit of carrying spare bolts with me in future.

Apart from that, today was fulfilling 8)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 19:41:50 »
Do not worry about these little darlings breaking in everywhere I seem to remember hearing are great  leader Tony saying he was going to clamp down hard on these hooligans.  But I think it may be something to do with an election coming up not to long away.
                                               ::) ::)

Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 19:47:48 »
Oh! Goody. All's well then!!
A month ago I took 3tons of horse muck to the plot only to find my broad pronged (tatie) fork was missing, I usually use it for off loading. I thought,"*** *** they've even nicked that!"
I moaned about it for weeks, whoops, I found it in the garage at home last Friday.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 19:57:31 »
 ;D Tee hee I'm always blameing my Girls for not returning my tools that they never borrowed :o ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 06:22:34 »
Mike

You forgot "violation of 'their' human rights" although I would question their right to be called human

Richard

You are correct ..  Phoney Tony did say he was going to crack down on crime didn't he...but then again didn't he say that eight years ago too...just before an election  :o

Oh for a politicical party that actually fulfilled promises  :D

The comments on this thread already mirror those of the plotholders..I wouldn't give the little so and so much chance of excercising his human rights if they ever catch him.

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 11:45:36 »
Derek :)

Sorry my friend your so Right Mus'nt forget their
Fundimental Human Rights or a Stiff Kick in the B...s!! :'(
would be a lot better  I think 8)

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 14:40:42 »
Doesn't matter who you vot for.............the government gets in.

The nanny state would be alright if it acted like a real nanny and handed out a smacking now and again -or sent them off to bed with no supper :;.

Jeremy

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 16:31:24 »
I find it so sad that the people that do this have no thought or regard for the people that work so hard to build the allotments up.  Its sad they have nothing better to do, and its sad they don't have the inclination to find somethig better to do.  Its sad they haven't been taught to respect themselves and the people around them, and its sad that no one seems to have the inclination to teach them.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 16:57:16 »
Nattyem :)
Has to being in Basic School....does it.....No

Has to Start in the Home......some Parents to it .....and unfortunately ......others......N0

You can lead a Horse to water....you know what I mean

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 16:02:10 »
The sheds on our site get "done over" a couple of times a year. I now have a sign on my shed door saying "no power tools", as this is what the thieves seem to  go for most.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 18:45:44 »
Simon ;)

Understand where your coming from but I think they will
break-in anywhere for things  to sell for Drink an Drugs
its happening  everywhere ???

slimpaul

• Half Acre
  • I'm not a llama!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 19:11:53 »
Understand your problem but the best one yet is when one of our allotment holders stopped three men trying to carry away the WHOLE shed!!!

Terry

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 20:22:15 »
all i intend in doing is leaveing my shed unlocked and the best place for my tools is at home or in the boot of the car my shed is going to be only to get out of the weather cos i know where i live if its not nailed down it will go i know its a shame that we cant  leave our stuff on site but if ur sites broken into often and they dont find owt to nick then maybe just maybe they wont bother in future i dont even have a lock on my entrance gate if ppl are desperate enough  to need my veg then they can have it i hardly eat veg anyhow if they  ask me for it they would be welcome to some im in it  mainly to get fitter and to get some peace from our lass but if i ever catch em then that a differnt matter ill be digging a big trench and it wont be for my  spuds
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 23:02:59 »
I wonder if the little darling hooligans could be lost in a compost bin ? would they take long to rot down, seems they are already rotten to the core anyway!!!
Problem is we dont want to encourage pests on our crops so we .

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 07:56:22 »
With the Help of your Associastion!!

Why not try!!

National Association of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners.

National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners.

Hope this might Help!!      Mike

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal