Author Topic: Why are leaves curling on my new apple tree?  (Read 1679 times)

newspud9

• Half Acre
Why are leaves curling on my new apple tree?
« on: July 10, 2012, 21:40:43 »
Last month I posted about planting my 2 year old James Grieve apple tree on soil where the clay really kicked in at about 2 feet down.  At that time, it was showing a few flowers but these are now gone but the leaves on the upper branch are beginning to curl although the ones on the newer shoots at the lower part are healthy.  There's no sign of fungal infection and the tree looks healthy.  Clearly its not a lack of water.  Dont know if anyone can comment on whether this is a problem or just not untypical as newly planted trees become established.

Many thanks

claybasket

• Hectare
Re: Why are leaves curling on my new apple tree?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 23:08:53 »
My brambly is the same I uncurled a leaf to find black beasties and a load of ant that seemed to be looking after them ,it also happened last yr and when i put ladybirds on to the infected leafs the ants attacked them I've bought a spray to get rid I don't like to use a spray but the tree is very bad looking. :(

bridgehouse

• Acre
Re: Why are leaves curling on my new apple tree?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 23:36:18 »

I have two young fruit tree's one is a cooking apple, one is an eating apple, one has fruit on, the other no fruit, this one has curled leaves to, I have looked at them nothing in them at all, perhaps someone will know whats wrong.
  June.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal