Produce > Edible Plants

Should they have lottie room?

<< < (2/4) > >>

teresa:
Dad grew Kohl Rabi we all loved it so going to try it this year myself so not much help EJ. I am having another go at german bier radish lovely thinly sliced with salt in a side salad this year have the manure so should do better I hope

mysticmog:
I love seakale but it's a bit chewy/woody for some tastes - great with stews, and looks pretty...

Tenuse:
chinese artichokes are groovy, they look like huge maggots! but are really good in stir fries or salads.

Ten x

cleo:
Well EJ I think it`s time to rob the piggy bank again-I`ve never had that much luck with hamburg parsley,and seakale can be fickle-but celeriac(wants plenty of water),Pak Choi and  Kohl Rabi are must haves.

Stephan.

Mrs Ava:
oh nuts!  I was hoping you lot would say, 'nah, forget them, not worth the effort' and all you have done is convince me to sweet talk the old man into emptying his wallet!  :-/  I do love the look of the chinese artichokes - they do look so weird, and there is a purple kohl rabi which looks rather sexy - I do love the odd coloured veg - going to try purple sprouts and purple cauli this year - I know most go green on cooking, but who cares!  Oh well - if any of you have an abundance of seed that you want to get rid of, I'm your girl  ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version