Produce > Edible Plants

Should they have lottie room?

(1/4) > >>

Mrs Ava:
I have now sorted my seeds and at the same time browsed through the Marshalls catalogue and find that there are a few veggies I do not have seeds for.  These are:

chinese artichokes
celeriac
kohl rabi
pak choi
hamburg parsley
mooli
salsify and
seakale

What do you think of these veggies?  Are there any on that list that you personally couldn't do without?  Are there any there that you have had huge successes with?  Should I give them room on my lottie and snuggle up with hub to let him know I need to spend more money on seeds?

Muddy_Boots:
I certainly love cerleriac, especially mashed in with puddies, lovely flavour.  Pak Choi is quite nice too, although I think some would debate how much flavour it has.  My father always grew khol rabi but as, I have not had it since I was a mere girl, can't remember what it tastes like!

Not terribly helpful, I know.  Just what I can think of!

Kate

Doris_Pinks:
I love mooli! Still got some on the lottie now! Kohl Rabi I tried, but have club root so were pretty poor.( Have some growing inthe greenhouse tho) Good grated in salads . Pak Choi, I love, so do my slugs! (again in greenhouse now) The rest can't help you with sorry! Sure there are many out there that will! DP

gavin:
Mouli - seconded :) :)
Salsify - gorgeous  :) :) :) :) :)
And dead simple to grow, with a delicate and aromatic flavour cooked.

All best - Gavin

budgiebreeder:
Pak Choi most deff. it is one of my most favourite vege.I cook it in a covered dish in the micro for about 3 minutes.Alas i too have club root.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version