Author Topic: Stolen hanging baskets  (Read 5344 times)

lisaparkin

• Acre
Stolen hanging baskets
« on: June 24, 2012, 20:45:05 »
I got up this morning to find 4 of my hanging baskets had been stolen over night, I am so bloody cross >:( >:( >:(

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
Re: Stolen hanging baskets
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 20:48:57 »
 :o that is really terrible, were they outside your house? xJane

lisaparkin

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 21:20:25 »
Yes they were.

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 21:35:06 »
That's horrible. Hang the thieving b*&^%$ds!

You might want to lock the rest in place...... :'(
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 21:37:02 »
Had the same happen to me several years ago.....I had worked hard to create it so was well fed up.

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 22:03:55 »
MIne went years ago in another house - it always seemd to happen the night before a local boot fair!!!! >:(
Grow yer bugger grow!

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 22:30:39 »
LOW LIFE SCUM!

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 02:12:54 »
It is really awful that they were taken at all but to be taken from the walls of your home is just so horrid. One Christmas morning a few years ago I woke up to find the decorations had been stolen from my front door & garden sometime during late Christmas eve night -  have to admit it put me off & I have never decorated the outside of my home at Christmas since. xJane 

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:26 »
Put them in the back where you can enjoy them instead of the neighbours and passers by.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

carosanto

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 19:15:45 »
Crystalmoon, you seem to be having more than your fair share of problems at the moment, I read another post about having to give up your plot, but making raised beds in your garden.  So sorry to hear that you are getting this hassle.  Sounds to me that you have a lot of human rats up your way, so forget making the front of your house look nice for them, and concentrate on your new projects.  Good luck.

Regards Caro
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got!

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 19:45:30 »

Sorry to hear about your stolen baskets, what rat bags these people are. I always secure mine with plenty of wire wrapped around the bracket .have not lost any yet though.
  June.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 20:34:08 »
Hi Caro, thanks for your kind message. I have actually moved away from the area where all the stealing was going on, it got so bad that I even had washing stolen from my line while I was actually at home  :o
Sadly my allotment site is in that area & has recently had a few break ins, yet again (seems to happen every Summer), veg & tools stolen from many plots. I haven't given the keys back yet as I want to harvest my fruits, artichokes etc before I give up the plot.
My new project of raised beds in my tiny garden at my new flat is going well, 3 out of 8 completed with seedlings all doing well so things are looking up. The neighbourhood is soooooo much nicer too so that is helping me to not feel too down about giving up my beloved lotty xjane   

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 20:35:28 »
Somebody must have been desperate, who ever would want to have those abominations hanging outside their house. But if you find the culprits I'll send around the gang to sort them out.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 20:46:56 »
 :o ;D :D that photo made me truly laugh out loud Ace I can't imagine how you got hold of it !!!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 22:32:01 »
:o ;D :D that photo made me truly laugh out loud Ace I can't imagine how you got hold of it !!!

;D ACE is the one in the middle.. ;) ;D..he and his mates.

davejg

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 23:44:53 »
Just about to get the house alarmed, (iost the last of the pets). this has made my mind up to get cameras front & back, at least i will know whick sc*mbag does it to me.

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 00:42:03 »
I'm with shirlton only have than in back garden, lost my dustbin twice last year so don't put anything valuable in the front. It's a shame tho that we have to go to these extremes

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 00:45:26 »

Sorry to hear about your stolen baskets, what rat bags these people are. I always secure mine with plenty of wire wrapped around the bracket .have not lost any yet though.
  June.

I had thought of doing that with the 4 out front of my parents place. Now that I've read this thread I think I really must get on with it. They also have two wall baskets so another job but worth the effort.

What a shame it would be illegal to wire them up to the mains on a time switch over night.  :-X
Did I say that!!  :o
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 00:51:31 by Aden Roller »

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 05:53:16 »
I'm so sorry. In my quiet neighbourhood the theft of hanging baskets/tubs in front gardens is one of the major crimes, particularly now in the car boot season >:(

Hard to beat, tho, is the theft a friend experienced when he moved to another house. After extensive renovations he and his wife went to work one morning to return at night to find their new front door had gone. :o

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:43 »
I also have baskets out front and also down side of bungalow (end terrace). Same thing happened to me few years ago. Son installed a large security light hoping that any 'scumbag' walking under the baskets would be a bit wary when the light came on. Only thing is I find when we have strong winds (in the Fens we do!!) the light would keep coming on. Like bridgehouse I also wire mine. so far, so good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal