Author Topic: Where can I get aluminium greenhouse components  (Read 10275 times)

MattD

• Quarter Acre
Where can I get aluminium greenhouse components
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:19:55 »
Hi all,
Been considering putting a small greenhouse at the end of my garden.  My choice is either to buy a small one, or build something onto the side of my large shed, which would be the most efficient use of space.

Does anyone know a UK supplier of greenhouse aluminium profiles who will sell retail? 

Alternative is to buy a whole greenhouse , probably pent or lean-to stype and try to modify it.

Thanks,

Matt

MattD

• Quarter Acre
Re: Where can I get aluminium greenhouse components
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 14:22:47 »
About 30 seconds after I'd posted that message I realized that the best approach was probably to build it myself out of wood.    As long as I'm careful that the dimensions fit standard greenhouse glazing sizes I think it should be OK.  I can make the style and colour fit with the shed as well.

After all, a nicely made wooden greenhouse costs a fortune.  So on the crazy economics I use to justify my various projects, saving the 3000 buy not buying a wooden greenhouse is a lot better than saving 300 by not buying an aluminium one.

I can't wait to get started now.

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 14:38:41 »
i got a gardman greenhouse last october in there sale 8 x 6 made of 4mm polycarbonate,it cost about £300 with base,staging etc i put it up in February this year,it is the best greenhouse Ive ever had,my plants this year are the best ever,so easy to erect and very solid,the polycarbonate is supposedly 20 times tougher than glass,and with my grand kids visiting quite often i thought it would be safer than glass,the only thing extra i bought were glazing clips from wilkos (they are the cheapest) £1.69 for 25 clips just to be extra sure just in case we got strong winds,i hope this helps
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

ed dibbles

• Hectare
  • somerset/dorset border. clay loam.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 17:40:53 »

If you need any aluminium greenhouse bits and bobs try these:

http://www.gcraft.co.uk/

I got some greenhouse struts from them a few years back and still very pleased with them. :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal