Author Topic: Scotland"West Coast"  (Read 12431 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Scotland"West Coast"
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:08:03 »
As we cleared the Glasgow traffic 2 sats ago him upstairs said,ok,go across the Irskin Bridge and you can have 2 weeks clear blue skies on me,and bugger me if he werent right.!!!!!!!

Ok,so he didnt promise me any good fishing Dammit,but I didnt get the wet gear out all hols.

On arrival At Taynuilt I was soon naggin to 4 lads from yorkshire who had caught from the concrete jetty on Loch Etive,small raymonds,gurnards,but Kin ell,the flood was monstrous as I watched their 8 oz leads banging down the tight gap tween the jetty and the quarry opposite......still they did catch.

Crackin sunset that evening  !!!!!!!!

Had me kit out following eve but although I tried same baits I only had 1 decent pull that resulted in the fish snagging me on a ledge ....the 20lb mono was trashed so spent ages re spooling while me other rod did nada.
Had 2 goes here and did as the Ferry skipper suggested,1 hour at LW and 2 hours of the ebb into darkness but it just didnt happen.

Fished a rock mark next to the Connel Bridge just lures and jellies but the water was so boily ...I was staggered by the power of the Falls mid river only life in that area was seals working the edges...so it was move on..............

As darkness fell I moved over to the Windsock beach and it was my introduction to the little biting bassterdds that are your very own Vampires in miniature....I went into my best hoody routine as I tried to keep em from devouring me whole.....Oh the fishing you ask......well I did break me scottish duck and had 3 O these little puppies.

Yer ok......nuffin to write home about but you know what its like when the tip just wont bloody rattle then 3 fish in a row....Oh and more friggin snags on ledges when retrieving ya kit.....another respool as the mono was getting a hammering.......after saving the holiday blank I only lasted till about midnight and retired from the beach as the midges had won ....and as for skin so soft.....didnt bluddy save me .

double left click.quick vid of Oban from up high

Seals from the ferry on Loch Etive Nr Oban

Tried all manner of jellies next to the ferry opposite Kerrera one afternoon but again nada to report,went into Oban that evening and bumped into a feller knocking out a few mackies,anyway had a Wee chat,nice fella anyway......told me that it was too early in general so I didnt feel to bad that I had not caught much.

Fished a mark on Skye near Nish point Lighthouse but the offshore wind was howling and the waves were battering me on the rock ledge ,again didnt get a pull but belive me when I say that watching the Gannets plummeting onto the waves 300 yds away after Herring dinners was ample compensation .....and they now how to fish !!!!!.

Ok,so 14 days resulted in 3 doggies but by way of a trade I did .................

Try me very 1st Oyster and bucket loads of Sea food.

The girl at the Restaurant in Tobermory said what do you fancy Hen !!!!!!

I just said,whatever you can ram on a plate,,,,,,,it was truly a muther of a meal and took me half hour to wade thru and suck the life Outa more tastyshellfish.

Although another night I did try the neaps and tatties Haggis starter and couldnt decide whish tooth to chew it with it was so bluddy small..!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...did I mention it was hot..!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 4 hour walk around Kerrera was knackering, but beautiful scenery.

A flypast while aboard a Tour boat out of Portree soon had the White tailed sea eagle circling and diving down for
 its brekky a fat sole that the skipper had thrown out.....it was bluddy awe

Ben Nevis, Brilliant day up there.

Sunset @ Connel Bridge just outside the..........

Oyster Inn .....sea food was different class Oh and the Aberdeen angus steak werent to shabby either....

....errr.....dont sit by the window though ""I got cooked""

Sunrise across Loch Etive.

watched the two characters fishing Loch Etive at the top end"Glen Etive,14 miles off the Glen Coe Rd,"
fishing for sea trout and although they only had the one small fish it just shows that even in shallow water as the flood happens good fish go up the river to be caught on salmon eggs and a fish paste that would make a billy goat puke but it does work apparently.!!!!

and yes,even on me hols the mrs had me clearing up the brekky bits dressed in local attire,albeit a plastic wipe down version .....trouble was I enjoyed it...!!!!!!

Scenery from Loch Etive

Snow just out of arms reach up on Ben Nevis

Ben Nevis quick vid

Glen Coe Quick vid

Views over Fort William below.

reminded me of a star wars Ewok..!!!!!

"Mummy who are those strange people over there",Och dont worry ya wee heeed little one "There English,and will soon be gone home!!!!!!!!

Isle Of skye sunset vid

Cuillans hills on Skye vid

Every turn in the road had a story...this next one was a fav !!!!

A Red Deer Hind having just given birth.

Curly Wurly Head gear Sheep.

Tobermory Isle Of Mull

Fingles cave Staffa Island Off Mull

Then 2 brilliant hours on Lunga Island wall to wall Puffins vid.

Stnning head colours .

Scotland....Never a sunset too many  !!!!!!!!

GazNjude

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Scotland"West Coast"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:16:56 »
Fantastic, many of those shouts are absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for sharing  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 13:17:59 »
Lovely tour there - thanks for sharing!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 13:54:08 »
Thanks for sharing those Gazza, they are beautiful and the one of the puffin is amazing. (you should have saved it for one of our photo competitions)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 14:05:58 »
Fantastic share, Gazza, thanks! Your pictures are brilliant and loved your added notes! ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 15:17:01 »
The kilt pinny caught my eye Gazza  :P I think a pair of tarten slippers would complemented your outfit though.   :D ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 15:45:38 »
fantastic pics and blimey you were certainly lucky with the weather

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 16:32:40 »
 ;D..that looked like brilliant holiday...and the fooood! :o...ohhh..that is some plate full..girl portion of 'fishy' stuff..YUM
Thanks for sharing..I wish I could have been there...even just taking the photos for you two would have been nice.. ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 18:33:39 »
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, that brightened up a gloomy day. :D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 19:36:45 »
What a wonderful set of shots, you took me right there..thank you. I loved very minute of it.

Very jealous of the seafood platter by the way.

It is quite amazing how you really took me on a journey with you, the pictures were so good and you took them all over your holiday, much better than the usual holiday snaps.

Thank you again for the trip.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 19:42:19 »
You know just as an afterthought, you should be taking these shots to the local WI guest day, itwould make a wonderful talk..XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 19:54:42 »
I feel homesick now, the pickys were brill ,but am off there in two weeks  roaming in the glowmin ;D thanks for sharing with us Gazza :D

cjb02

• Half Acre
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 20:13:27 »
fantastic photos. looks an amazing holiday

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 21:30:43 »
Nice pics.

I grew up in Tobermory, so I know what a treat you had. The scenery that way is fantasic. Shame I didn't know you were heading to Mull, I could have pointed you in the direction of a couple of good, permit free, trout lochs.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 23:12:42 »
Lovely pics, thanks for posting.  Particularly like the sea  eagle.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 13:41:03 »
Yes,had a brilliant time,Like all things Gordonmull,I dont know who lives where so would have been difficult to get a heads up really.

Must say,Tobermory cat "The Famous Ginger" wasnt very friendly but I guess me stopping him in his tracks
as he wandered along the pathway with his supper hanging from his top lip he obviously had other things on his mind................

That said,Jude was more interested in what Fodder she could feed her face on in Tobermory,and found this Lobster and sweet pud fit the bill.

Gazza

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 14:01:03 »
I've met that cat!

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 14:45:08 »
Hey,we could get a thing going here Ollie...... ;)

All those that have "Tobermory " on file,I see he has a collar on in your piccy,deff up market.

Your Piccy by the way the right hand side the last building in view is the restaurant Jude had her dinner from my previous pic.!!!!!!!    proper seafood,it was voted best seafood place in 2011,and the 1st time ive had a velvet swimmer crab to munch on rather than using it as bait.... :D....quite tasty too !!!!!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 15:02:15 »
Absolutely brilliant photos - thank you for letting us share in the stunning landscapes (including food scapes  :)) on your hols.  Glad you were so lucky with the weather too.   

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 19:22:44 »
nice collection =]
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal