Author Topic: Mega thanks Taurus! also greenhouse update...  (Read 1348 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Mega thanks Taurus! also greenhouse update...
« on: June 09, 2012, 20:04:50 »
Went over to Taurus' site this morning, swapped some spare tomato, watermelon and pumpkin plants for much needed brussel Sprouts....
It's a lovely site they've got there, tucked away so better sheltered than our permanently gale-force site up at Crowdies Hill, with that lovely ambiance that a well established site has... Because our site is so new it hasn't had a chance to pick up that feeling, it's a lot of vegetable patches, not an allotment site yet...
Thanks Taurus!

Also nearly finished planting up the greenhouse.... Last weekend  you couldn't see the soil for various things stored in there and/or propagation equipment everywhere... now, of the six 20-foot rows of plants to be planted five are done.... and if I can find another lager in the fridge I'll head back down there and get started on the last one.... I've imported about 3/4 of a ton of compost and added chicken poo and growmore as I didn't get a chance to dig it out... the year it'll get dug out and I'll import some more topsoil.... So glad I haven't tried to plant out the pumpkins yet (or even harden them off) ... they'll go up another pot size tomorrow and then I'll start.... maybe go out not next week but the week after.... along with the second batch of sweetcorn, the popcorn and get the melons into the polytunnel I need to get built as a matter of urgency

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
Re: Mega thanks Taurus! also greenhouse update...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 20:35:50 »
Your very welcome and many thanks for the swaps.  Told my Chris about your motor and he green with envy  ;D ;D
The next salga meeting is on the 21 June  Flower arranging  ;) ;D
                       Regards Taurus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal