Author Topic: I can help the Euro.  (Read 2392 times)

ACE

• Hectare
I can help the Euro.
« on: May 20, 2012, 09:12:05 »
Everybody has a few euros and cents left over from their holidays stashed away in the  biscuit tin that used to be the button box. The money changers will only change notes when you come back, leaving you with a pocket full of shrapnell that you will use next time you go on holiday. But you always forget them and have even more to stick in the tin when you come back again.  You can't even spend them in the airports  as there is nothing cheap enough to buy.

Let's send them all to Greece and they can melt them down and change them into drachmas which will be worth more than euros. Old Angular Merkin can then get off of their backs and even the wbankers will be happy.

If you don't want to send them to Greece, shove them through the letterbox of your local Sandander bank, they are a bit struck for funds at the moment.

I know it is only the city that is quaking in their boots and it won't make a blind bit of difference to us common folks, but it would give you that feelgood feeling to see poor old Pedro and Popolopodus with a smile on their faces.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: I can help the Euro.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:01:38 »
Yes..some of those coins have accumulated into my 'tin' as well. I would gladly send mine to some of the ordinary Greeks as they do need them. It is the Greek banks and other 'toffee noses' that I don't fancy feeding..they cream the money off from the system enough as it is and its the last place I would want my coins go to.

But...AHH...Ace! you have big heart in you...such a kind thoughts.. ;) :-*

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 13:16:30 »
I was very sad to see on the news that pensioners in Greece are rummaging through the rubbish bins to get food.  Their pensions have been cut by a third!  Children are also in poverty too.

What I find so annoying is that it is greed that has left many European countries including Greece and the UK, having to make cuts which leave people in poverty.  It is said that top earners in Greece haven't paid their taxes and we know that there are many businesses and individuals in the UK that have taken measures to avoid paying their taxes.  These people and businesses have no sense of responsibility to the rest of society. 

okra

• Hectare
  • Grow your own its much safer
    • Cyprus Gardener
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 13:45:27 »
I was very sad to see on the news that pensioners in Greece are rummaging through the rubbish bins to get food.  Their pensions have been cut by a third!  Children are also in poverty too.

What I find so annoying is that it is greed that has left many European countries including Greece and the UK, having to make cuts which leave people in poverty.  It is said that top earners in Greece haven't paid their taxes and we know that there are many businesses and individuals in the UK that have taken measures to avoid paying their taxes.  These people and businesses have no sense of responsibility to the rest of society. 

Well said
Grow your own its much safer - http://www.cyprusgardener.co.uk
http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.co.uk
Author of Olives, Lemons and Grapes (ISBN-13: 978-3841771131)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 16:01:14 »
I saw that on the news today, just ordinary people scavaging for food in the bins, I couldn't believe my eyes, :o I bet there's no krauts in the same boat.    :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 16:32:35 »
I think that they've opened soup kitchens too. So sad for them.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 18:47:41 »
My son and daughter in law are over there for our youngest grandson's christening. She has lots of family over there, I do hope they're ok, they are lovely, ordinary people  :-\

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 20:06:39 »
We saw a documentary a couple of weeks ago and I could not believe my eyes. It was  Greek born journalist who lives in Vancouver who went home to Greece to do the film. Her family were not so bad off but three of Greek families very grown up children had had to come back to live at home as they could not survive in their own homes.

It was incredible to see how professionals as well as blue collar workers were going to soup kitchens.

So many out of work and those that had jobs had had their wages cut down and down again to such an extent that they couldn 't feed their families.

The suicide rate was up 45%.

Very scary you know, it just goes to show it really can happen anywhere.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 20:29:05 »
I haven't been around the world, but France, germany, Holland, Czech R, Spain, Italy are some I've been to, but the Greeks especialy the Islands are the nicest people I have ever met, it breaks your heart to see them living like this, as Jeannine says it could happen anywhere.   :'(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 20:44:58 »

But...AHH...Ace! you have big heart in you...such a kind thoughts.. ;) :-*

I only do whats right. Like being kind to  the Yeti, I got her a great big bunch of flowers when she was ill with hay fever.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal