Author Topic: any ideas  (Read 1332 times)

ACE

• Hectare
any ideas
« on: May 05, 2012, 10:31:35 »
Seven or eight years ago I fitted a steam/shower cabin, I was in there last week snorting, scratching,singing and generally doing what us men do in showers. When I heard a scream from downstairs, so I changed the song I was singing but the screaming carried on. Then the bathroom door crashed open and the Yeti charged in saying there was water coming through the ceiling. So after swishing off the suds and a liberal splash of Brut, I went down to see what all the fuss was about.
 There was water dripping through the ceiling, after an extensive search I found the shower base had delaminated and cracked. The model is curved and discontinued so a replacement base cannot be found anywhere. I have tried tiling the base but it has not worked as the delamination has caused a ripple, It is supposed to be an acrylic base and was told fibre glass will not stick for long.
    Has anybody else had this trouble with a shower base, and how did you fix it? Looks like it will have to be a new one but it seems such a waste to skip the rest of the cabin and all the mixers and fittings which are built in. I suppose I could always make a self watering mini greenhouse out of it ;D

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
Re: any ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 21:48:14 »
Would fibre glass bonded with some form af material stuck to the underside of the shower tray work?

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 21:58:29 »
What about epoxy resien not the best stuff to work with because of the rquirements but if it keeps water out of boats ?
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 17:34:11 »
I tried epoxy resin but the delamination is so bad it just cracks in another place. Underneath is a metal frame and it means a big dismantling job to get at it. I don't think it will go back together watertight. So I have ordered just a straight forward shower cabin. That took hours trawling through the net to find one made in Britain so there were backup parts if ever needed. Also without all the bells and whistles like a connection for the phone, ipod, fm radio, massaging jets, foot spa etc. After all I'm only in there for a few minutes for a quick splash, a scratch of the nether regions and a good old snort to clear the snotter box. The Yeti wanted one that is easy to clean, don't know why, they clean theirselves, well our old one did as it was alway clean when ever I used it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal