Author Topic: Cat + Bird + Chimney =??  (Read 1699 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Cat + Bird + Chimney =??
« on: May 02, 2012, 15:27:00 »
The answer is a fecking disaster.

Woken up a 6am by our mad cat Bazil going a bit nuts and went down stairs to see a complete disaster area.
Either the pigeon came down the chimney or the cat bought it in and it tried to escape up said chimney.
Either way the result is the same - soot everywhere.  Luckily we have leather settees and laminate floor but we spend an hour and half cleaning this morning and just about got the floor into a reasonable state.  Tonight looks like a long slog. 

There are wing prints in soot on the walls, cat foot prints on every flat surface, blood and feathers spread far and wide and all the cushions and blankets are in the bin or the washing machine.

So who wants to buy a demented cat, it's half Norwegian Forest cat - half physco.

The bird survived - my patience did not.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Cat + Bird + Chimney =??
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 15:42:35 »
 :o :o :o

O god no!!! I know what you mean, it happened to me once, only it was bird+cat+xmas tree...

Hope you get it all sorted soon, and with only a teeny tiny bit of swearing!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 15:46:55 »
 :o

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 16:02:46 »
and my husband thinks he got it bad because the cat stares at him ;) ::).

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 16:25:21 »
 :o poor you, I had Cat+Pigeon+Newly painted dinning room = CSI murder 1 - it took me 2 days just to get the blood off the ceiling so I emphasise with you  ;)

small

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 17:04:37 »
If sympathy will help, I sympathise! I've had a pigeon down the chimney twice, caught it both times, how lucky is that!
How incredible that it survived the experience though.

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 18:59:38 »
FINALLY! Someone who has a more annoying cat than us!

Still cat + rabbit + sofa bed was interesting. The rabbit had evidently escaped the cat and hidden in the fold of the sofa bed. Now, we could smell that there was an undiscovered "pressie" in the guest room but couldn't find it, despite pulling everything out. Eventually the smell went away.

Fast forward a month to the night before our wedding and one of the bridesmaids got a nasty surprise and she unfolded the sofa bed! Poor girl was actually physically sick apparantly.

Oh and on the same night: cat + bat + bridal party.  ;D ;D ;D

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 19:49:18 »
FINALLY! Someone who has a more annoying cat than us!

Actually you may just win on that evidence.  ;D ;D 
Just finished cleaning two rooms - the kitchen/dinning room needs a third clean but that will have to wait.
Now beer!!

Our last surprise was Cat + Frog at three in the morning which was a surprisingly squeaky affair, from both parties involved.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 20:06:42 »
One important question. Did little Bazil find his/her new calling in life as a cleaning cloth? ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 21:50:56 »
Dear me, hope you manage to get the room back into order.   I was in a similar situation earlier this year after painting the Living Room and having a new carpet and new rug.   I heard a noise behind the electric fire and there was a Jackdaw - fallen down the chimney.   We came off OK.   We moved the furniture back and created an exit for the bird opening all the windows/doors.  It landed in the conservatory and managed to cause havoc in there but at least it didn't muck up the living room.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal