Author Topic: Holiday  (Read 2693 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Holiday
« on: April 29, 2012, 15:26:21 »
I am only going away for 4 days, so no you can't come with me, and I don't appreciate you sleeping on my tomato seeds.  I know you are scared of the grandchildren but they have gone home now, so no need to hide in my plastic greenhouse.  OH will look after you, or you could go home (joke), or next door.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Holiday
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 15:38:59 »
 ;D ...and he looks at you like.. "you WILL take notice of me!".. ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 20:36:23 »
This is one clever cat, he has just bitten my feet twice, and is not too happy with me.  Suitcase going downstairs, better check tomorrow, no cat hidden in it.  ;D ;D ;D

small

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 21:18:06 »
Brilliant pics, thank you. And they say dumb animals......reckon it's clear what's being said there!

jesssands

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 23:05:10 »
He looks like our Barney, but Barney had no white chest.
We lost him in 2010 as he had a tumour on his back leg that we had not noticed and it burst, covering everything in blood wherever he went.
Trip to the vet on the friday (same day) and she booked him in to have it removed on the tues, all went well but he never got over it. Vet thought he could have had a stroke and so sadly the following friday I had to have him pts. He was just motionless but every time I called his name he meowed, was very sad.
But he was 17 and had a good life. He was soo fit and was all so unexpected.

Thanks for sharing pics, good memories came back.

Ps, you dont think urs is keeping the tomato seeds warm for germination do you?

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 00:21:54 »

Hello Jessands
It is so sad when we have to say goodbye to our pets, I have a lovely old Birman cat she has just turned twenty.

Borlotti
Love the cats.
   June.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 13:22:40 »
Have just looked at my tomato seeds (that cat slept on) and they are coming up.  The other seeds in the plastic greenhouse are very slow this year, not enough heat.  Had better clear my kitchen window cill and plant some more. A new method of warming up the compost, what a clever cat.  ;) But they have now been moved to another shelf and the top one is clear for the cat, when he is not sleeping on top of the plastic greenhouse.  Inside when wet, on the top when the sun shines. Was lucky with the weather last week, had two sunny days and not too much rain, only at night.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:17 »
It's so funny how they love to sleep in confined areas. Ours gets in the shopping bag when she can or on the bamboo chair with the high sides. They also love sitting on bags or suitcases!!! It's maybe a "take me with you" message!!!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal