Author Topic: Cold Snap  (Read 8391 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: Cold Snap
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2005, 15:36:08 »
I think the point i was making was , be gratefull that dan is a benevolent moderator. You could get much worse!

BTW ben snowing on and off for most of the afternoon here in Dorchester.  Didnt settle though, thank goodness. Stopped now and the sun is out!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 17:38:11 by Garden Cadet »

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2005, 17:35:55 »
Snowing all day, but none settling.

We have a long house. North to South. At the north end, the snow is falling at 45º east to west. On the east side, it's 45º north to south. On the west side it's coming straight down, as though someone emptied a duvet.
No, I'm not going out to look at the south side!!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2005, 19:26:24 »
Sorry I got my posts in the wrong place.  Won't do it again I'm sure  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2005, 19:16:34 »
 :o Wrap up your tender bits tonight here in Brum the forecast is a freezing -7°C now I do believe that to be true. :o ;D

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2005, 19:28:48 »
Cold snap    What cold snap 1963 was a cold snap think I remember it lasting from Boxing Day until the end of March,  now that's what I call a cold snap,  hoping to have some pictures of my Father working in the fields at the time to show you all soon as soon as my Son shows me how to use my new scanner.

::)
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Yellow Petals

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2005, 19:31:24 »
The weather here in West Essex is perfectly ridiculous.  I was out shopping earlier and as I came out of the shopping centre it looked like a blizzard, and by the time we'd pulled out of the car park, the sky was an untouched bright blue and the sun was blazing like a hot July day (just didn't feel like it, LOL) Half an hour later, hail stones followed by more snow and then....yep, you guessed it... more bright blue sky and sunshine!  Ludicrous!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2005, 19:55:01 »
Very cold in Belgium. Blue skies then lots of snow that never sticks. (And people go out to buy sledges in a country where the snow doesn't stick and there are NO HILLS!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2005, 00:42:20 »
Very cold in Belgium. Blue skies then lots of snow that never sticks. (And people go out to buy sledges in a country where the snow doesn't stick and there are NO HILLS!

LOLOL Ken!

Got back from the flix about an hour ago and we were down to -5 brrrrr! >:(

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2005, 10:29:57 »
 ::) I don't believe it ::) I was so sure they would get a 24 hour forecast right but no -7°C here just -2.5°C so they can't even get it half right ;D ;D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2005, 17:11:59 »
Down here in Dorset my greenhouse thermometer registered -6C for just outside the greenhouse last night (even with heat inside it was about -2c!).

Day today has been glorious (OK had a flurry of snow this morning), not that cold this afternoon though.

But guess what i did this afternoon. While some of you cant even see your lawns for snow, i was out giving mine its first cut of the year! Now that IS mad!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2005, 18:44:41 »
I have been contimplating cutting the grass for a couple of weeks now, but have resisted as I am always worried about the damage a sudden freeze could do to the newly cut grass, even if it is only trimming the tips off.  No snow here this side of Essex since yesterday, and today, altho frrrreezing this morning on the walk to school, the suns rays were warm and number one son and I spent a nice couple of hours in the greenhouse....altho he did insist on sitting on an upturned bucket in front of the leccy heater with it on full pelt!  Leccy meter spinning like a cd!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2005, 22:18:15 »
Can you Adam and Eve it!  Tis blinking blonking snowing again in my part of frrrreezing Essex!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2005, 22:48:59 »
Leccy meter spinning like a cd!

Sometimes EJ you crack me up, you really do, ;D don't stop, I like it...No I don't... ::)
I love it ;D ;D ;D

SueM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2005, 09:14:36 »
The forecast last night said snow in the Central Belt of Scotland, and it was right for once. About an inch overnight and still snowing, but melting at the same time.

20 mph speed limit on the Forth road bridge causing massive tailbacks on sliproads on our side (north of the river). Got husband half way to Inverkeithing station this morning but he decided to walk the rest of the way when we met the end of a queue about a mile from the station.

Forecast says it will stop snowing this morning, hope so as have to go out.

Sue

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2005, 10:56:58 »
Apart from one good flurry, I've never seen so little snow for so long - weeks of drifting 'feathers' & nothing more!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2005, 11:23:18 »
Would you believe it. I went to Barcelona for a few days to have a look at the Gaudi garden, for inspiration on a new project, and was snowed in at the airport! It never snowed at home.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2005, 11:26:00 »
Down here in Dorset my greenhouse thermometer registered -6C for just outside the greenhouse last night (even with heat inside it was about -2c!).

Day today has been glorious (OK had a flurry of snow this morning), not that cold this afternoon though.

But guess what i did this afternoon. While some of you cant even see your lawns for snow, i was out giving mine its first cut of the year! Now that IS mad!

Guess what happened last night after doing the above?
Thats right! it snowed didnt it? Settled for a bit too. Typical!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal