Author Topic: Geoff Hamilton and the bug  (Read 2014 times)

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
Geoff Hamilton and the bug
« on: February 28, 2005, 08:55:01 »
Not the gardening bug but the type that makes you ill and I got it. I think I pulled every muscle between my ribs coughing, I sweat and shiver, my voice is gone but I can type at least. What does this have to do with Geoff Hamilton (whom I had never heard of)?

A dear friend brought me two big gardening books with video tapes of Mr. Hamilton last week. I was wondering when I could make the time to read and see it all. This morning I called in sick at work and guess what I'm going to do the next couple of days while recovering? Replace one bug (the bad one) with another (the gardening one) hehehe.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Geoff Hamilton and the bug
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 09:41:53 »
Ina, get well soon!  Poor thing, plenty of fluids and chocolates!  ;)   Geoff Hamilton is my gardening hero, altho his tastes are rather expensive.

Feel better soon!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 09:48:17 »
Maybe, but he he saves by doing gardening DIY. Dig a hole, line with crinckly plastic, fill with concrete...Hey Presto...a rock!

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:49:37 »
In so sorry to hear that you are poorly.  This sounds like the bug that my youngest is just starting to get over.  She needed antibiotics, inhaler and steriods.  Poor love.  She has coughed so hard she keeps checking out if she has developed a 'six pack'  ;)  Get plenty of rest, fluids and have agreat time being introduced to Geoff.  He was a wonderful gardener.  Down to earth and deffo a 'gardeners gardener'  and a lovely man as well.  His 'Paradise Gardens' series was an inspiration.  Take care and get well soon.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:33:13 »
Hi ina,get well soon,i have had it the bug.Keep warm inside mayby a warm grog,helped me from that nasty bug.Geoff hamilton what can i say,mayby one of the greatest gardeners.Have seen a lot of tv programs with geoff as host.One thing is sure he died much to soon.So keep on watching those tapes and get well soon.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 13:39:47 »
Poor you Ina!  Sorry to hear you are from suffering flu. Hope you feel better soon.  Geoff Hamilton was a wonderful gardener and a really nice man.  I think you will enjoy his type of gardening.  Snuggle up with a comfy blanket and enjoy.  :) busy_lizzie 
live your days not count your years

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 16:34:55 »
 Hope you are feeling better very soon INA. :D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 16:45:06 »
Sorry you are not on top of things, Ina. I have just had a bad week, but at least mine was sort of self inflicted with strong anti-biotics. Keep warm ,keep the fluids coming and enjoy Geoff Hamilton. Mind don't rush out to make the rocks.
Eric and Anne
Gardening is the great leveller.

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 22:21:37 »
Ah, thanks for all the good wishes.

I really liked the video of Paradise Gardens with Geoff Hamilton. We may have won some prizes of best mixed lottie but at one point I was way, way off!
He showed a lovely garden with an area all in blues and purples with one splash of yellow from yellow irisis. I thought it was very pretty. So then he goes on to say that the yellow irisis where a mistake, they were supposed to be blue. Well......I liked them, so there! (He made me feel like a gardening barbarian hahaha but I don't care what he said, I found it pretty)

I don't feel so good yet.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 14:06:32 »
Ina - get well soon.

Being ill can be a great time to catch up on things like that.

(I agree - I think yellow works great with purple and blue!)
gone to pot :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal