Author Topic: signs the growing season is underway!  (Read 1267 times)

Kea

• Hectare
signs the growing season is underway!
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:46:34 »
My asparagus was up before Easter and I took the first bunch with me on holiday. Since then I've watched as the next shoots appear eagerly awaiting my next bunch but each time someone else gets there first.
While on holiday I visited 'Hutton-in-the-Forest' and saw the gruesome 'man-trap' for catching poachers which made us all wince! However now I would be tempted to use one.
 >:(

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: signs the growing season is underway!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 14:18:09 »
That must be very irritating for you...  :(

Kea

• Hectare
Re: signs the growing season is underway!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 16:08:22 »
Certainly is, i'm near the front of our site.
Some people never lose stuff but the 'help your self' bunch always visit my plot regularly. Last year all my globe artichokes went overnight and 5 of the largest Kaboucha Squash about 1 Kg each went ...they left me the small ones about 4; I thought my asparagus was disappearing last year....this year I've been counting the shoots just coming up to be sure and they're being taken. Just next to my plot I found a piece of rhubarb crown dropped on the ground...no other rhubarb in the near vicinity so I'm guessing that's going as well as the stalks they often leave piles of leaves behind nearby...I'll have to lift up the straw and see where it's been taken from.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal