Author Topic: Tesco plant lables...good stuff!  (Read 7160 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Tesco plant lables...good stuff!
« on: April 18, 2012, 17:23:12 »
Not my usual haunt but had a quick look at the gardening stuff when I popped in to do a bit of top up shopping..... ;D as you do!

They had bags of really nice,wide white plant lables in stock, not the cheapest at 96p for 50 (plus a little pencil, unsharpened but hey ho.. :-\) but they are ideal for long term plant labels as you can fit two lines of writing easily on them, something I struggle to do on most labels. Plus whatever they are made of has a slight texture which makes them easy to write on with either pencil or a Sharpie pen. Recommended! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Re: Tesco plant lables...good stuff!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 16:59:44 »
Tesco have also got 1kg boxes of Miracle Gro soluble plant food for £2.97.

Good Gourd 2

• Half Acre
  • My minature allotment.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:10 »
I just bought a 5ft white venitian blind from car boot for £1 cut it up will last ages for labels on lotty.  ;D

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 16:51:39 »
great idea GG...  eyes out for skips!!
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 17:00:21 »
I make my own plant labels out of alumium drink cans using sissors to cut the metal in to strips and a biro to write on the inner surface that leaves a indent which doesn't fade or wash off  :)

planetearth

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:56:43 »
Cut up a few 4 litre white plastic milk containers to any shape or size you like.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal