Author Topic: If you want to Rant!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8980 times)

TULIP-23

• Hectare
Re: If you want to Rant!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 19:54:46 »
Wicker ;)

Its been a fine dicussion by everyone...so interesting at times....lots of different views and thoughts....on a very motive subject. :o

But maybe ...just maybe  Windy's Idea could be applied to all those Little B....rs!! and Big one that break into allotments
....shoot um!!   Good Hunting 8)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2005, 22:33:38 »
"Just don't mention the war. I mentioned it yesterday but I think I got away with it!" - John Cleese, Fawlty Towers.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2005, 23:10:45 »
A tragic PS to the earlier discussion on easy access to air guns. Many of you will have heard last week of the toddler killed by an idiot using an air gun to target firemen attending a fire in the west of Scotland. Why oh why are the general public allowed to buy these weapons and what mentality attacks the emergency services in the first place???  I know, I know it's all been said before but it makes me rage......sorry
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2005, 23:44:12 »
I agree Megan, it's back to the fact that there's no fear in these morons, we must place a little fear from the authorities to make any headway.

They have no concerned about re-occurrence, they will do bad things that excite over and over again, because they are vertually untouchable. >:(

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2005, 23:47:30 »
Wicker :)

Im afraid your Absolutely right....what a waste of a Young Life.

Another Mindless Prank that went wrong.

We had Two Idiots here Threw a Paving Slab on to the Motorway from above!!!!!Killing a Young Mother from out of My Town Uden

What was the Bloody point of throwing the d**n thing
in the First Place
They have to Live with that for the Rest of their Lives.......
I hope that they think about their actions every day for the rest of their Lives...........I hope they have a Nightmare everynight Even thats too Good for them
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2005, 11:19:03 »
Still not calmed down........ but just think how terrible it must be to be the parents of the perpetrator if you had tried to bring them up with proper values - and I don't believe parents are always to blame.  To have to live with the feeling of guilt as well as the consequences......
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2005, 16:24:20 »
I don't normally get involved in these sorts of discussions, but always read with interest.  However, just wanted to mention, Ava and my brother-in-law both own airguns and use them to keep vermin under control on a local farm, (means we always have plenty of rabbits in the freezer!)  The weapons are used responsibly and safely.  I do not know any facts or figures on air rifle owners or crimes, but I do feel that it is the small number of idiots that use them as toys and get a kick out of shooting domestic pets, people or property that give the responsible air rifle owners a bad name, a few spoiling it for the masses.  I shall now close the door on my way out, my own little rant over.  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2005, 17:36:24 »
Neither do I EJ.  I do notice though that whenever there is an accident that involves the use of guns the authorities get in a flap but it's always non-licensed guns that seem to be the trouble.  Our local castle has just had all its floodlighting shot out and it'll cost a fortune to replace.  Police says its someone using BB guns and they've damaged most of the shop windows in town.

Nothing better for the little darlings to do is usually the cry  >:(
I came, I saw, I composted

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2005, 18:04:41 »
Up to moving out of the UK I've owned and used firearms most of my life. All legal and used correctly.
Guns aren't dangerous, it's the person using it.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2005, 10:25:20 »
Point taken, Ken and EJ.  Of course you are right. As with everything else an inanimate object doesn't do the harm its when  irresponsible humans become involved!  I do think strict enforcement of  licensing might help but then the licence holder would need to be held responsible as well as the perpetrator.  Oooh - in an ideal world...............

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal