Author Topic: If you want to Rant!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8976 times)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: If you want to Rant!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 21:55:37 »
Hi

My two pennies worth...

I certainly don't like the way the fox is killed... but I would pose the question..

Is it really all about the fox?

I believe it is an attack on the lifestyle of the landed gentry plus all those who choose to participate.
If it was about cruelty to animals then surely at the same time as banning fox hunting they should include shooting and fishing.
Is the reason that fishing wasn't included the fact that working class people (mainly labour supporters) are the bulk of the people who fish?

IF THEY MUST DO IT THEN INCLUDE 'ALL' CRUEL SPORTS

That's done it...probably upset half the forum now

Derek

Hang on a minute, give em a chance one thing at a time you can't stop all cruel sports in one go, the fish maybe next or maybe boxing...
 Dog fighting
 Badger baiting
 Weasel mocking
 Pig punching
 Horse kicking
 Squirrel bashing
 Cat boxing
 Hippo tripping
 Terrapin bowling  :o

Yellow Petals

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 22:30:37 »
Hi Everyone, What is the problems with fox hunting ---- the chase it self, people living in the country dont mind because we know what damage a fox can do to live stock, wild animals, and home pets given the fox a chance,
windy

Then why is a bullet not used?

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 23:33:22 »
Hi Derek i object to your comment "working class people" mostly fish, really, have you never worked? and what class are you may i ask. We are NOT all labour supporters and if we were is that a crime that needs stamping out.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 00:09:42 »
Well, that's me in my pigoen hole then!!  Labour supporter and opposed to blood sports - must be Working Class - if that's meant to somehow demean me, Derek, it doesn't.  Just reminds me that people should never be pre-judged!

Argue all you like, but if the option of "it should be up to the individual" were allowed in everything where would it end? Back to legal dog fighting, c*ck fighting, bear baiting ?  In an ideal world YES it should be up to the individual but .......
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 00:13:21 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 01:37:32 »
Hi

My two pennies worth...

I certainly don't like the way the fox is killed... but I would pose the question..

Is it really all about the fox?

I believe it is an attack on the lifestyle of the landed gentry plus all those who choose to participate.
If it was about cruelty to animals then surely at the same time as banning fox hunting they should include shooting and fishing.
Is the reason that fishing wasn't included the fact that working class people (mainly labour supporters) are the bulk of the people who fish?

IF THEY MUST DO IT THEN INCLUDE 'ALL' CRUEL SPORTS

That's done it...probably upset half the forum now

Derek
Hi Derek,with refs to banning fishing and shooting just give it time, and i dont fish,
the only differance between hunting and shooting/fishing is impact and outcry (40 men,women,children,horses and 80 mad dogs chaseing anything that moves over four counties thats IMPACT and outcry )one man in a wood with a gun (untill he shoots) or on a bank of a river with a fishing rod, onebody aware of his prescence,
cruel ---most people when shooting ask a few questions --- how faraway is it --can i kill it clean with one shot,what happens if i miss, can i get to the pray if i dont kill it ect ect,
did you know as well -- if it was not for shooting people a lot of the partridge and pheasant would not be on the land i understand it sounds bad but by there spot there here and that goes for the fish stocks in the rivers, canals, lake,
 catch you later
windy
my allotment
heaven

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 04:17:08 »
Let's kill two birds with one stone!!!!

Don't ban hunting, just change the prey to paedophiles, rapists & murderers!!!!

The horsey type (like me) still get to chase something.   The prison population is radically cut, saving us all a lot in wasted taxes in keeping such scum alive.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 08:24:16 »
Just a small word on killing the fox, my memory is hazy I should go find the research, but until I find it...it isn't actually as simple as shooting or trapping foxes instead of hunting them.  For a start have you ever tried to shoot a fox?  Not the easiest task in the world, and not the most humane way.  There was a report by The Royal College of Vetenary Surgeons http://www.huntfacts.com/veterinary_opinion_on_hunting_.htm discussing many aspects from the point of view of the fox.  Also a fox is not killed by ripping it to shreds, it's killed usually by a twist to the neck by the first hounds a quick death, then ripped apart.  Would it be OK to feed a shot fox to a pack of hounds? 

I don't think the current legeslation is right.  It is part class discrimination (a class I'm not part of incidently and which is a falicy since a whole range of people go hunting (just like fishing derek!)) and it doesn't do the job it is supposed to do.  I don't think hunting should be banned, but I do think it should be regulated.  Foxes shouldn't be transported from one place to another (not something I've ever seen done) hunts shouldn't be allowed to go over any old land (I have a friend whos garden was destroyed several times) but they should be allowed to take place.  I used to be firmly anti-hunting, until I actually found out the facts, went to a hunt to see what happens and made an informed desicion.  I now take my children to see the hunt gathering ready to leave, and we follow in the car sometimes and watch from the road.

Eeek its early I'm babbling and not making sence.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 08:29:06 »
makes sense to me - but they dont call you nattyem for nothing ;)
i agree 100%

svea
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 08:32:40 »
Ah the Natty is from the dreads not the brain!  I wasn't going to get sucked into a hunting discussion because its always the same we're never going to agree, thats life, we all have different opinions we should be able to respect them.  I have also found when drawn into this when people find out I'm pro -hunting it then changes their views on anything else you talk about, which is sad, I hope that doesnt happen here too.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005, 08:59:11 »
Can we remember that most of us wish  to complain about an establishment, a system, a law, whatever - NOT about each other??

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 10:55:03 »
Hi Natty Em, I dont take offence to what you say, thats why i like being on this site, people understand other view, we all talk  and dont get in a huff--- i live and worked on a very large farm (2400 acers) for 14 years where the farm owner hunted,and i saw a lot of the things in that happend in my last text, yes i do shoot and do go shooting foxes, Rabbits,Birds and other wild life at times, and eating some of them, but asking the questions in my last text myself,
some facts, the land agency ( the people who look after the Army ranges) only allow 80 foxes to live on the Army Firing fanges (Salisbury Plane) 100000 + acers,
with refs to the kill, the first two dogs grab the fox on his back quarters slowing him/her/cub, down allowing others to then twist its neck (game over)
Regs on hunting -- should be on getting the guns, to many young people can walk in to a shop with out a licence and buy an air rifle and cause a lot of damage to wild life (you have all seen the programmes with Rolf Harris ) that should not be allowed, and if it was, it could change things i call sport for the better,(yes i have a licence for a high powerd rifle)
still thats my view
catch you later
windy
my allotment
heaven

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 11:16:02 »
Well here my 68 penceth worth, class? the countryside? not everyone in the countryside agrees with fox hunting, at most its 50-50, but it is a civil rights issue, and you cant pick and choose them, I'd love to see this group come out for other peoples civil rights,  actively encouraging changes, cus lets be fair, they is a powerful group, lots have been part of the old "ruling" classes, I say as distasteful as I find it let them carry on, its more to do with trying to create an environment where people just dont want to hunt with hounds and tear another animal to bits for the pleasure of others, but that only comes with change and as this group is powerful, and used to it, they are only self serving, like they have always been, and in the past these "kind" of peeps very much tried to supress and for a while got away with it,  there are a lot of injustices in society that desperately need looking at and I suggest that fox hunting should go on the bottom of the pile, but it is a civil rights issue wether I like it or not.... dont get me wrong here.. I iz well glad its illegal.. 

right thats my babble

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 16:16:10 by Ozzy »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 13:00:00 »
Ciaran , i think you have made a very valuable point there. As usual something very useful to say, there are many many things that need changing in our society,before we get involved with one thing in particular.
If as many peeps protested about education and health as do the hunters this country would liven up a bit.................
 C C what a fantastic idea.......
 Lets agree with Tim and remember this is not about each other,we have always agreed to disagree on here and all quite enjoy the odd spark..................
     cheers Rosebud

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 13:04:59 »
Absolutely  Well Said  Young Lady :)

Im Watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 16:05:41 »
WHOAH!

I just knew I would put the cat amongst the pigeons  ;) (is that still legal?)

I humbly apologise for classifying certain sections as 'working class' ..I did consider the putting 'the great unwashed' but that would have been even worse.

Yes, Rosebud I do sadly have to work hard for my living and would therefore also classify myself as working... with a dash of class of course.  ;)

The point of my rambling post was to highlight the real issue that, in my opinion, the whole hunting issue is political.

Derek

PS...wasn't allotment gardening looked upon as a working class phenomenom at one time...  ;)  ;D  Whoops there I go again
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 16:22:04 »
Derek, don't apologise for calling me/us working class - it's fine by me!  Was only pointing out the prejudging bit.  No offence taken on this site surely - a lively exchange on differences of opinion is healthy but on such contentious subjects we should all be careful....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 16:36:48 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2005, 17:03:10 »
Derek :D

Proud to be working class its 8)

Cat amongst the Pigeons!!!!!!!!!!!!! What goes round comes round back to Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2005, 18:37:04 »
;D You can tell I'm a newbie worrying about people not being able to distinguish between the discussion and the people ;D  I should have known here there is nothing to worry about!

Ozzy/Rose I completely agree there are other important issues too and people should be just as animated in their support of them, bringing them to the front of the news hey, I'm very vocal about all my beliefs,, but my biggest belief is that we shoul dbe given more responsability for ourselves.  Less legislation and more education.  (thats broad education as opposed to brainwashing what the governement thinks you should know).

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2005, 20:56:16 »
Hi all, Hey Derek, you are forgiven, we have our discusions on here sometimes causes a spark or two but underneath it all we are a very sensible friendly helpful bunch of peeps. I am quite het up at the moment about an apt so i could have overreacted, but this working class girl does that from time to time ;D ;D ;D.
Take care Rosebud.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 21:21:35 »
Now that the dust has settled a bit and I was re-reading the thread I couldn't help but notice Windy's comment:
did you know as well -- if it was not for shooting people a lot of the partridge and pheasant would not be on the land
Bit drastic actually shooting people so that more game birds can survive, Windy -
even I wouldn't be that extreme!!   ;) ;D Of course I know what you mean but "the other meaning" it did strike me as funny teehee. 
By the way, Windy, couldn't agree with you more about the easy access to air guns/air rifles....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 11:28:31 by Wicker »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal