Author Topic: the weather  (Read 2119 times)

brown thumb

• Hectare
the weather
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:08 »
what is going on with the weather end of march is our last frost date down here in cornwall but to day i woke up quite a heavy frost :o  normally we don't see any frost in march ,beautiful sunny days we  re having  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: the weather
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:28:07 »
It's certainly miserable here today... I'm used to frosts into May but not got one this morning...  :-\

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:40 »
Quite a frost here this morning too - just hope it hasn't damaged my fruit trees which are all in flower.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:48:52 »
With all the other odd weather cornwall has been getting in recent years, I would have thought it was a case of expect the unexpected.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:03:06 »
2nd morning of white grass here near Bristol.
while out rambling the last 2 weeks people said isn't the May bloom lovely and laughed at me when I said it was blackthorn and that if that was blooming it meant more winter was to come!!!! well here it comes ::)
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:18:40 »
In the Midlands we expect frosts right up until June :'(

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:11:21 »
Mornings are chilly but not frosty however our main worry is the lack of rain. March was too dry, and I am already having to water quite frequently... Only good side is that without water there are much less weeds than usual.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 15:03:41 »
Very promising camellia, about to have its best year yet, is browned and frosted in a sheltered corner (East Sussex).

Here is very dry too, of course, and South East Water has cancelled recent concession to over 65s to use hoses. I would not have used it much, but it woud have helped me to manage 2 of my plots. I'm wondering if the answer is not to plant as much as I normally would just now - only a much as I can carry a can to.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:43:28 »
Finally a little rain today, for now it's just dampening the ground  :(  So fingers crossed that it will come down a bit heavier later on.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 20:17:41 »
Snow, sleet and rain today; it was vile this morning, and greadually improved. The rain started after lunch yesterday, so everything should be good and wet.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 08:11:05 »
Don't think we've had enough in Swindon to do anythign that useful but I'll be spreading manure on the potato patch this weekendcos it might be all we get .....

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 09:00:37 »
It is so cold here in Staffs,got my spuds in but that will have to do for now.

swampyseifer

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 09:39:26 »
in Bucks it was hot, sunny and dry all last week but the last few days its just rained on and off...mostly on

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 10:21:47 »
Grey and overcast here in oxfordshire today, heavy rain last night at 8.30 but not for very long. ::)

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 10:45:56 »
We've had more rain in the last 24 hours than in the last 4 months combined, great for the allotment and local farmers but I have a hotel booked at the beach this Easter weekend  ::)
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal