Author Topic: Fuel shortage?  (Read 2475 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Fuel shortage?
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:42:54 »
It looks like we have made our own shortages, with the cunning plan of government to put up a smokescreen over the budget. I keep mine full anyway as I might have to rush for a ferry and I don't  need the hassle of grabbing fuel first. But I am still planning on dragging the caravan up country to Tewksbury tomorrow for a break over Easter. I should not have trouble on the motorways as people don't fill up with their expensive prices. If I do run short, I shall send her home on the train and extend my holiday until the panic is over. If there is anybody from that area who knows of a good garage, give me the lowdown.

pumkinlover

Re: Fuel shortage?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 13:11:18 »
How will she  get back with clean laundry for you ACE, it will be a bit difficult on the train?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 13:21:26 »
How will she  get back with clean laundry for you ACE, it will be a bit difficult on the train?

I could go commando for a few days. ;) Or post it to Birmingham, there is bound to be some old sort that would take pity on me from that area.  ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 13:37:45 »
Remember the parable about the Scottish groom sitting on his brides gown ;)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 13:42:14 »
So whats going to happen in a few years when we have ran out of fossil fuels full stop??

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 14:05:20 »
So whats going to happen in a few years when we have ran out of fossil fuels full stop??

If it was not such a hassle with the taxman, I would be on bio diesel right now. they don't make it easy to change over.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 14:20:47 »
I think my next car will be a hybrid we had a new sainsburys open (were i work nights) and they have free electric charging points so i could charge up when i was at work or doing my shopping. All i ever do in my car is into the town and back about once a month i might head further afield but not regularly anymore.

I was lucky i filled up with £30 worth tuesday evening as usual as the local garage puts there prices up wednesday opening i got it for 146.9 (cheapest in our area) and it was going up a penny in the morning :(

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 14:29:00 »
Just stupid people once again being led on, I'm not getting my Diesel till Sunday like I always do so I hope they have run out, it's twelve miles to my work so if thats the case I won't be  going to work on Monday, being a government employee I doubt if I will be missed,  :)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 15:10:16 »
Madness on the South Circular yesterday.
Either the petrol stations were shut as they had run out or the road was blocked with angry motorists.

I did feel slightly smug as I rode past on my bike.  Didn't last long as I got a bill for the service on my car -  £922...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 16:40:11 »
My car isn't even worth £922 but thankfully it is an oil burner and there is still plenty of that around though unleaded was sold out yesterday at the supermarket.

Like ACE I keep the car full because it wont waste time Qing if it is empty.

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 08:30:04 »
It's diesel you can't get around here, thank goodness we've got petrol cars!

Stupid people panicing over nothing, if you believe anyone in this government you really need to start thinking  ::)
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 12:34:35 »
Just travelling to London on the M1, stopped for M&S sandwiches and no queuing for petrol at the services at all, which was a relief so we know for sure we can get home tonight after my nieces posh wedding at 'the gerkin' this afternoon. Sainsburys petrol station in Derby was closed last night after they ran out.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

PAULW

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 12:39:04 »

Stupid people panickinging over nothing, if you believe anyone in this government you really need to start thinking  ::)
Thats the problem the last lot put out a scare story every week, fats bad for you, milk is bad for you, red meat is bad for you, there's a pervert on every corner ready to snatch your kids, you cant do this H&S prevent it people have stopped thinking for themselves and stupid so called news reporters stood outside a garage showing queues dont help either, when was the last time you saw someone look up and down the road before pressing the button on a pelican crossing light, the kids will end up with one long finger like an aye aye just to push the button

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal