Author Topic: You could have knocked me down with a feather!!  (Read 7852 times)

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
Re: You could have knocked me down with a feather!!
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:55 »
;D ;D ;D  Nowt wrong with aging hippies.......Im one too, although Im cannabisless  ;D ;D ;D

Mine isnt just a clever name im a hippy!
But it has been many moons since i partook in any type of recreational pharmaceutical, but in the day i found it did relax me very much, i dont smoke so it was space cakes for me, never felt stoned just well relaxed. Taken in moderation it is perfect in my mine for someone with your symptoms Jeannine. I used it in baked goods (cakes and muffins mainly) dont make too many or you may feel peckish and eat them without need.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 10:59:57 »
Hi Jeannine, I remember watching this documentary and thinking yeh... thats the way to age gracefully.  This is just one clip but Im sure that there are others on Youtube.................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djzklT2Rgk0   Takes chicken pot pie up to  a whole new level  ;D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 18:56:27 »
What a blow, I just found out I can't grow it as my light set up is insufficient..drats.

XX Jeannine

PS, just seen the film clip. loved it thank you
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 19:21:19 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 19:33:15 »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 19:35:39 »
Jeannine ..could you change different lights into your unit?..and perharps make some reflective sides around it ( like boxing it in) to ensure all light is going to the plants rather than escaping into room?

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 19:37:59 »
Could you not "accidentally" grow a few on your compost heap like I did once?  Had to chop it down due to teenage boys next door.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 19:08:19 »
Oh what ideas..

Compost heap. I don't have one we have a communal one.

Lights, can't change them, the fixture won't tale the high powered ones and I don't hav ethe space for another fitting.

I can howvever license someone to grow on m ybehalf and my son is prepared to do that for me .

Re  Canada;s attitude, yes it is good, there are things like non profit  Compassionate Clubs here in Wellness centres where old wrinklies  and others can go and partake in safety...there are also places to legally buiy the stuff once you are licensed.

Hippy dave, thank you for coming forward, do you remember any recipes? I am concerned about having too much baked goods on hand actrually but not for me.John has a very sweet tooth and because of his memory he often fordgets he has eaten say a candy bar and he will get another,again and again.  Ho Ho, maybe there is going to be two of us. Especially as it id supposed to help with dementia patients.

Sonny and Cher at the next dress up do here for sure.

I think my "this Years" self dare of climbing a tree may be in full gear!!!!

"if you poing to San Francisco be sure to wear the flowers in your hair   ..la  la la
XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2012, 19:13:28 »
 ;D
Code: [Select]
"if you poing to San Francisco be sure to wear the flowers in your hair   ..la  la la   ;D...one of my favourite songs.. ;D

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2012, 19:27:23 »
Jeannine,

One of the problems with eating hash or grass is dosage.  You can very easily over do it - smoking, although nasty does allow you to control the dose.  Once eaten - thats it no going back.
What I would do (ok what I used to do) was to make your weed into an ingredient  generally milk or butter.  The oils reasdily dissolve into milk or into butter if simmered gently and then you just use the the result in a cake or whatever takes your fancy.  Biscuits are good as you can have one and see how you feel.  If the dose is too low - eat two.  But please don't do what a Friend of mine did.  Ate some - didn't feel it was working - ate some more - couldn't get her off the floor!  
Hot choclate is also good - mage with laced milk.

Or you could get a vapouriser but that's another story...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal