Author Topic: You could have knocked me down with a feather!!  (Read 7853 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: You could have knocked me down with a feather!!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:01 »
Code: [Select]
in fact I double promise you I will sow some flowers on my plot this year just for you..    ;D..have started your new medication already?.. ;) ;D

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:36:06 »
One of the main medical uses of weed is to stimulate the appetite and control pain/nausea.  Especially useful for chemo therapy patients.  I mention this only as you mention problems with your weight and I know from previous poostings that you eat very little.
Canada is very well known for growing and producing weed so I am sure you would have no difficulty procurring seeds or plants.

On a gardening note it is an amazing plant to grow - one of the quickest growing things on the planet given the right conditions and thanks to modern breeders there are plants to fit in to any gardening scheme.  From plants that autoflower regardless of day length and are done at a couple of foot right up to 20 ft thai varieties that take a season to mature..
And remember that in this, and many other fields of life, the males are completely useless!
So I'm told!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 09:20:36 »
just read this thread i see jeannine will be coming up with more delicious recipes with an extra ingredient :-X ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 09:51:49 »
On a gardening note it is an amazing plant to grow - one of the quickest growing things on the planet given the right conditions and thanks to modern breeders there are plants to fit in to any gardening scheme.  From plants that autoflower regardless of day length and are done at a couple of foot right up to 20 ft thai varieties that take a season to mature..
And remember that in this, and many other fields of life, the males are completely useless!
So I'm told!
Ohh..that makes me want to grow them even more.. ::) I love watching plants grow..and while typing this I can't help grinning as I've just noticed my Yacon that I potted only few days ago is just showing green little bits pushing through the compost.. ;D Looove plants.. ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:34:51 by Melbourne12 »

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51:52 »
You can grow cannabis plants quite easily but whether they will produce any THC is another matter.

As a young grad student many years ago, I was trying to grow alkaloid producers and although the greenhouse was in full sun all day, the plants never produced very much.  I can remember processing a bin bag full of plant material to get less than 10 mg of alkaloid.   But then again I never was very good at this gardening lark  :)

But there is always the placebo effect.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 19:15:13 »
They have to flower to produce THC and most weeds plants need 12 hours darkness to flower...
Then they produce THC!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 19:40:58 »
Mmm lots to answer.

Barrie... I am concerned about the weight thing, I don't eat much and that is the reason I am not piling on weight since getting very immobile. It is a hard call. If the pot gets me so |I can excersise more, yet puts on weight I will have to find a balance I guess.

I appreciate the help on growing. I have read that there are various strains too, some better for pain and some that give you a bigger high, I guess a shop that sells seeds could advise on this. I belive there os ine in Vancouver for legal folks to get

The other point about growing it  I have my grow light fixtures which will grow tomatoes in the winter but the plants have to be dwarf to fit under them comfotably. I suspect that pot plants grow much taller.

Goodlife, you are a naughty girl, I meant it, I promise to grow some flowers for Ninny, I have already been looking in seed catalogues..     " It is the dawning of the age of aquarius..la la la "
And while I am talking to you..you can't have any seeds you seedaholic, LOL, I ain't swapping pot seeds via the mail..  (but let me know when you start growing them..a UK strain mmm )

What the heck is THC

Placebos would never work with me as I have no expectations of medication working anyway which I why I usually stop taking them after a little while.  A med has to make a very big difference for me to stick with it as I really hate taking them and generally forget unless my body reminds me.

Ha ha, do you want me to publish my recipes. I wonder what it tastes like. Maybe I can make a Mile High Chocolate Pie, or a Fluff and Floaty Meringue, maybe something with Pot noodles. I already make a desert called Merry Berry Pie, maybe I can call that one Very Merry Berry Pie. Oh I feel a culinary challenge coming on.

All joking aside I really do appreciate the help and education.

If anyone actually grows  or uses this, I would welcome a private PM with help or tips and I truly  don`t tell. I know there will be forums that deal with this but am too scared to go on there. much safer here at home.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 20:14:36 »
I remember an old episode of Mid Summer murders where John Nettles ate some cakes with cannabis in. He just kept giggling. The story was that the lady made them with the cannabis in as a pain reliever.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 00:12:45 »
I remember an old episode of Mid Summer murders where John Nettles ate some cakes with cannabis in. He just kept giggling. The story was that the lady made them with the cannabis in as a pain reliever.

I remember that one (Mrs R watches the series & the repeats  ::)).

Didn't the elderly woman grow the plant in her greenhouse out back?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 00:16:14 »
I don't have a greenhouse out back anymore, just a greenhouse in the middle of a community garden  ;D  I suspect I would be feeding the neighbourhood.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 07:03:26 »
I only tried it once and it seemed as if everything was going in slow motion. I didn't bother again because at the time I liked life in the fast lane. :-X
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 08:22:38 »
Have you seen the film "SAVING GRACE" .....starring Brenda Blethyn?

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 09:59:08 »
This did make me smile  :)
But actually, many drugs, when used if you are feeling good, have a differenteffect to when you take them if you feel pain etc, probably the active ingredient moves to a different part of the body and acts on it. And cannabis has varying properties depending on the active ingredient and its strength. SO you may actually feel "well", Jeannine but not necessarily "high"!!
Right on with the idea of use and abuse being different. I do know people who are occasional but long term "smokers" (a couple of times a week) and to be honest they are very relaxed and happy people and so far no one has any health effects... Probably no more harmful (and maybe less so) than a bottle of wine a day!

I don't see as you have much to lose by trying it out!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 13:05:12 »
Hi Jeannine,

I think its something you need to try if it means that your pain levels are lower and you can exercise more then your going to want to eat more anyway. You just have to consider more healthy food alternatives to grabbing a brownie (unless its been laced with your 'medicine'). I have a long term back condition and having done various targeted exercises to get the right parts of my body stronger i am in much less pain and no longer live on pain relief. I think you need to combine this new treatment with maybe some physio sessions to help you exercise in the right way and get your body stronger in the right places. Then you can stop taking the 'medicine' and see if you are in a better place.

Hugs as always xx

Cam & Harriet

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 21:12:59 »
Cam, I have had physio on and off  for years fro some things that are wrong but it cannot relieve some of my pain problems sadly.

I eat very little and am concerned that it will m ake me eat more as I don't want to add to my weoght.

If I  using it for cooking I will have to come upo with some way of using it in savoury things as I don';t eat swwet stuff, not even brownies.

Still waiting to talk to my Dr but found he is away fro 2 weels..drats

XX Jeannine

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 23:37:38 »

If I  using it for cooking I will have to come upo with some way of using it in savoury things as I don';t eat swwet stuff, not even brownies.

Still waiting to talk to my Dr but found he is away fro 2 weels..drats

XX Jeannine

You'll just have time to invent / adjust a few recipes!!  ;)

• dumplings with a few herbs sprinkled in
  • then there's a dusting on to soup
  • added to a savoury bread
  • a salad dressing
  • directly into a salad sandwich

None of these I've ever tried...in fact never used the stuff at all but I'm sure someone on here will know someone with practical experience.

I wonder if there are any books on the subject?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 05:30:41 »
Just an update..

My own Dr finally came back from his three week holiday and i saw him today.

I toild him what the lung chappoie told me at the hosptial and my dr was all for it, he said he had a few patients on it and is goin g to do the paper work so I can get the medical license to use it medicinally, I can also get a license to grow my own.

We talked at length and he took away all my fears.

This coincided with a friend  whose Dad is on the programme as he has teminal cancer, phoning me and saying she had some for me.

My dr told me not a good idea to inhale it but to use it in food and he suggested a tea.

I also got test results from the barrage of tests taken over the last three weeks. I do have confimed Asthma (I didn`t belive them in the UK as they did no tests) I am anaemic, my cholestrol is up, my infammation level is highand my thyroid is low. X rays show my spine is crumbling (this is new) on top of my other spine and hip probelms but my chest x rays show the shadow I had is gone.Still waiting for the mammogram results.

Mmm..looking for the good in today..well I have made a definate decision to try the pot. I had a great laugh with my Dr today, quite the visit, I am still laughing about some of the things he said. I asked him about pot addiction and he said I may get addicted to cheese puffs if I take too much and get the munchies. He  said he was trying to picture me stoned and with flowers in my hair and I said don`t knock it I have bought the gear. The next time he saw a wrinkly geriatric with a smile on her face and her hair  parted down the middle it would be the new me.

No rain today and a great visit to the lottie ,although we were ankle deep in mud the raised beds were good. John managed to build two more, just  6 to go on the thrird plot we got this year and we are done.

It has been a good day.

XX Jeannine

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 07:49:50 »
Just caught up with this thread.

Google weed seeds there is an interesting site with info about all different varieties.

I once had a police raid because someone had reported my tomato plants.  Except the officer they sent had no knowledge of the difference.

The student friend I had who I knew smoked pot was as skiiny as a rake.

I do hope that this works out for you.

I am not sure that growing pot in a public space will be looked on favourably anyone could be harvesting it.  You can get white light bulbs quite easiy so perhaps could grow one in a corner of your appartment. 

I am interested in the link with Dementia.

I remember Midsomer Murders and the Bunny Cakes too.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 08:43:06 »
I have a light set up here already, a three tier light system each tier has 3 ,4 foot grpwlights in it and |I have growlights in my two bedroom windows on chains to supplem,ent the light for windowsill plants as my apartment faces north. The lights are good enouht to grow toamtoes through the winter.

I need to try it first though, if it doesn't work there is bo reason to grow it.

XX Jeannine

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 08:43:54 »
I find Jeannine's 'venture' into herb world really interesting.. ;D..and how ok the doctors are about it all..
I don't think one would dare to even whisper about 'pot' to doctors over there..you would soon see blue lights flashing outside your front door.. ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal