Author Topic: Remembering Sarah (Supersprout)  (Read 5187 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Remembering Sarah (Supersprout)
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 19:56:54 »
Well I will never forget Sarah, she was a lovely lady.   I was one of the A4Aers who attended her funeral in York.   While I was down at the funeral my elderly Mum fell and lay all night.   She was taken to the Hospital and sadly didn't get over the fall as she developed other complications.  My Mum died on the 26th March   5 years ago.   So, Sarah is a link to the start of a horrible time in my life and I will not forget her  ever....   

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 21:46:12 »
Yes, Sarah was a great, supportive friend, even when, towards the end, she was the one that really needed the support. And young Will was and is a credit to her even though she moaned about how much he helped!! I wonder if anyone knows what Will is doing now?

I remember the day she died. I had a blocked drain and the guy that came to unblock it couldn't work out why I was in floods of tears all the time he was there.

If only I had known! A mere two months later, my own, darling husband was dead. Life can really be such a pregnant dog sometimes...

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 23:25:18 »
It is so nice we are all remembering Sarah, she was such a lovely person . Answered many a PM from me, taking advantage of her knowledge of growing & of course the famous straw. Bless her.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 07:09:23 »
John and I went to Sarah's funeral and we got lost , we went round and round the York ring road several times using an off the web map that we later found out was wrong.

We arrived at the church almost an hour late, and coming out of the gate was a hearse,Ii told John to follow it.
When we got to the cemetary gates we discreetly asked the driver who it was , we had found Sarah.

I think she would have seen the funny side of it.

She had a beautiful wicker coffin and a flower display from A4A folks that had veggies in it.

Is it really five years.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 17:53:09 »
Five years.....time flies when you are gardening.  I grow Jerusalem Fartichokes on the plot that Sarah sent me.  We talked about them, how she saved the smooth ones as they are so much easier to peel.  We laughed about her mulching and how she stored her squashes up her stairs.  She also taught me all I know about bottling and I have her instructions on my fridge, very faded and splattered, and I used them annually for my fruit bottling.

I remember the day she died.  Mum was staying with me, we were doing some family tree research and I heard she had leapt from this mortal coil to the next.  The mulching queen, much missed by us all. 

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 18:06:05 »
Will? Bottling?

Hope he still uses the Kilners that She came down here to collect.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 09:35:33 »
I have only just found this thread, Sarah was a wonderful friend to A4all and I still miss her, I remember floods of tears the day she died, my family  thought me very odd, I remember especially the squashes on the stairs and the straw, I vividly remember her on Gardener's World with her straw.  Bless her she brought so much to us all xxx

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 10:20:18 »

Sarah sounds a very special lady indeed ,I wish I could have known her .
   June.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2012, 16:34:54 »
5 years and a month can't believe i did not see this post or that it was this long.

I often think about her when i get my seeds out :)

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 18:18:50 »
Sarah was a lovely lady and a good friend to me and Jenny. Both were taken far far too soon.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 22:10:51 »
I used to love reading Supersprout's posts while I was just a lurker. I stopped reading the forum for a while and returned to the huge thread of her passing, I felt so sorry for her friends and family.

R.I.P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal