Author Topic: Lovely morning  (Read 1844 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Lovely morning
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:57:49 »
What an exciting morning ;D. Fryers roses have sold out & new owners have put a leaflet through doors with vouchers off & free goods. A Summer hanging basket. a surfinia & a pair of gardening gloves for ...............................£3.31 ;D. Happy bunny but then as I was approaching the front door I let a screech of delight............................... HEDGEHOG POO ;D ;D ;D. I am so easily pleased ;D & am so 8),  ;D ;D ;D.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Lovely morning
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 13:24:37 »
Aww....POOO!.. ;D You must stay up tonight and so you can see you little 'hedgie'.. ;) ;D
If I would live closer to you..we could have late night sitting down and do 'spot the hedgie' session with pan of coffee.. ;) ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 13:38:01 »
Well the size of that poo it's a biggie & I would love to sit out hog watching with you. As it is I just open the back door & wait. For some strange reason OH will not allow me to put up a red light ;D ;D ;D, very strange don't you think ;).
We have 2 hog houses in the back garden so I shall investigate ;D.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 13:42:44 »
Ahhhh, only saying the other day I have not seen a live hedgie for about 15 years, and very few deceased ones. Glad you are luckier. ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 13:54:53 »
I love them, youngest daughter got me into them when she was a little one ;D.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 16:20:28 »
Well, I have a scoop! Wednesday went out to a concert and came back around midnight - there was a hedgehog on the lawn in front of our flats! As there is a big park just next door, I think he wandered from over there. I was a bit worried but no sign of squished hedgehog today or yesterday so I guess he went back to the park. It was quite big! And looked like he was having a kip actually. I have never seen a real live one so close up. We don't have them in Australia so it's very exciting!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 20:52:59 »
I have a hedgehog house in a dark corner behind the shed.  Haven't looked in to the house for months and surprise surprise a hedgehog was sleeping in it.  I was chuffed to bit.  Probably been in there all winter and I had noticed hedgehog poo on the grass.  I am easily pleased.

;D ;D ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 21:07:14 »
A girl after my own heart Carol ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 21:08:44 »
Lucky you, we only get glimpses of ours. A hedgehog house is on the plans for our special group  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal