Author Topic: good to be home  (Read 1566 times)

ACE

• Hectare
good to be home
« on: March 04, 2012, 19:00:00 »
Just finished a garden up in the smoke, well Cheam really, 8 days of mad traffic, nosey neighbours, expensive beer and leery delivery drivers.

Dry weather all the time made it bearable and I could have been home yesterday but there was a mixed grill and a few pints on offer last night as a bonus for finishing early. So up at sparrowfart this morning and back on the Island by 9 am. No access for machinery so all done by hand, all the ground dug and raked level,  our style flowerbeds planted with a couple of thousand plants and half a dozen trees, nice lawns laid back and front gardens, shed built, fences put up,  patio and paths layed in natural handcut sandstone. Now I can have a week off before we are off to do another one.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: good to be home
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 19:02:40 »
I'm sure it looks great ACE..  :)

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 19:59:23 »

My goodness you have worked hard, enjoy a rest . .
   June.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 20:09:55 »
Well done Ace. Did having Chumly to go home to speed things up a wee bit ;D. I won't tell the Yetty ;D.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 15:28:38 »
Well done Ace. Did having Chumly to go home to speed things up a wee bit ;D. I won't tell the Yetty ;D.

Well, one would be pleased to see me, the other would rather have me away earning a crust, I'll leave it up to you to make up your mind. ;D

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 16:33:01 »
Cheam counts as London - Just - but is considered a nice quiet bit of town - very civilised!!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 17:05:21 »
Cheam counts as London - Just - but is considered a nice quiet bit of town - very civilised!!

If it wasn't for the traffic I would agree. 10 minute trip early morning to Banstead for the wholesale nursery 90 minutes to get back. I could have laid half a lawn in that time.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 18:23:17 »
Your hit the morning "rush" hour then!  Not sure why it is called rush hour when all you do is wear out your clutch...
Took me 40 mins to drive three miles to work one day.  The next day I got my bike out!!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal