Author Topic: Environmesh - Cheapest and Size?  (Read 2252 times)

irridium

• Acre
Environmesh - Cheapest and Size?
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:56:39 »
am in the throes of buying some soon in the next couple of weeks (when I get paid! ;D) but am perplexed as to whether to buy it by the metre or by pre-set sizes. it'll be used on my brassica bed where there will be PSB, kale and brussels growing amongst the shorter brassicas). the pre-set sized all seem to be 2.6 width x 3/4m+ length, will that be enough width for a normal bed with about 3 - 4 plants in each row. as i'm on a rotation system, the length doesn't really matter as my beds are quite big generally. what do you guys have. i will be making a real frame for them this yr using plastic tubing. so i imagine it'll be quite tall. 4' high, i'd say.

can anyone recmd a good supplier with reasonable costs? and what i should do about sizes pls?

thanks x :D

Pescador

• Hectare
Re: Environmesh - Cheapest and Size?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 19:38:40 »
What are you trying to keep off?
If it's cabbage white and pidgeons, then go for butterfly netting
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 18:29:41 »
Agree with Pescator re butterfly netting for brassicas but if you do want environmesh Gardening Naturally prices are reasonable and delivery very fast. You'll probably find their website helpful on sizes. I got all of my stuff like that from them and it's lasting really well.

Buster54

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 13:31:51 »
I've just bought a 100metre roll of the WM24 range from here http://79.170.44.117/wondermesh.co.uk/online/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=1ke3shkac47ppu8aonsvqii686
Price doesn't include VAT but I  negotiated  a discount,a little expensive but worked out cheaper per metre and they sent me some samples of the size of the mesh holes as our site is infested with whitefly,only down side is they don't sell some  by the metre only 50m or 100m lengths not bad if its shared though
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

irridium

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 13:00:50 »
will order off gardening naturally and get the 3.6m roll. i'd to keep not only cabbage whites, pigeons but also flea beetle. last yr's chinese veg got went to seed to quick but were full of these pesky flies.  thanks for the reccys ppl. ;D my plants will really appreciate it!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal