Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 56003 times)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
The Good News Thread 2012
« on: March 03, 2012, 01:33:56 »
Everytime I pick up a newspaper, flick on the tv or tune into the radio the news is all doom and gloom........  :(

So, I thought it would be good to share a few bits of good news to help lighten the load and see the better side of life.

It'd be great to hear what's gone well for you so far this year... or to hear of something good that has happened in your neck of the woods.  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 07:02:37 »
I have just got a third lottie.

Found a son who I had lost contact with 20 years ago

Finished an impossible jigsaw puzzle.

Lost 3 ilbs weight this week.

I have almost had a nearly pain free day today.

Last week I found a piece of jewellry that went missing 6 months ago

It hasn't rained for two days.

It has been a good day .

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:48 »
Wow jeannine, you are truly blessed.  What wonderful news

lisaparkin

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:24:20 »
What a great idea ;D

Today is my eldest daughters 20th birthday :)

Hubby, who is self employed has got lots and lots of work on and has had since the new year!

I have finally had an MRI scan, after years of back pain, (though I wasn't keen on the scan)

I have decorated and spring cleaned my kitchen, hall, stairs and landing.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:15:49 »
I've just been to Tescos and back and not seen one idiot on the road  :o oh and its the weekend.    ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:45 »
I've finally had a letter through from the hospital with an appointment at the end of March for my shoulder op! ;D

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 12:45:41 »
Found a super "summer" handbag in the charity shop & been notified of a £10 win on the lottery

Spudbash

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 13:41:45 »
My OH is, even as we speak, putting up a potting shed for me, at the end of the garden...tap, tap, tap go the tacks, into the roofing felt.

That's true love!  ;D ;D ;D

I might even make him some lunch, today!  ;D

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 14:18:30 »
Today I had a really long chat with a special friend ;D.

For those who have met me know that I'm a bit, shall we say, on the chunky side ;) ;D. I've lost 2 stone & plan to loose more. Thank you Weight Watchers ;).

I've had lots of time in the garden this week & 2 trips to the lotty where a very kind man pruned my gooseberries & redcurrant. Today I shall make him a cake to say thank you.

We may have some bantam eggs for tea if the racket they were making this AM is anything to go by ;D.

Freelance journalist daughter has plenty of work & youngest daughter set up a business making bath products & renovating furniture & Ditzy Doll is going great guns. Yesterday they sent their first order to Afghanistan.

All in all a good week.

Jeannine I am so pleased for you :-*.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 14:43:24 »
Oh what a coincident..I had really long chat with special friend too... ;) :-* And..today my special friend treated me for a surprise pressie..and it was lovely girlie one...good way to bring some balance for other wise 'welly full' life of mine.
My on going battle with dodgy leg is getting better by the month..it is still giving me some grief but life could be worst. Other wise I'm reasonably healthy...I've got everything that one could need, so even that I sometimes give a good old rant, its only for let out frustration rather than being being ungrateful for what life throws at me.
Lottie is yielding some nice winter crops and sun is shining..  ;D 8)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 17:08:50 »
 I have recieved in the post this morning a gift from Jeannine, a tomatoe called
ELIZEBETH, the name of my late sister how wonderful is Jeannine it brought a tear to my eyes  ( Happy tears).

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 17:33:38 »
Yesterday we had good news about my husbands illness. He has had three months of chemo for stomach cancer which was diagnosed in September (many of my a4a friends will know if they have read the listening post) .

He had a ct scan a week ago which revealed that the cancer hadn't spread nor is the tumour any bigger. On Monday he had a laporoscopy on his stomach to look at the stomach cavity where it was suspected he might have some tiny granular cancer cells. They washed out his cavity and examined these and they were all clear though as a precaution they have sent some for biopsy. The chemo has been effective on the tumour. We have an appointment with the surgeon next week to discuss surgery to have the cancer removed.  He may have more chemo and then will have to have quite radical surgery on his stomach, but it will be gone and hopefully will restore his health and give him the chance of a normal life span.  He obviously has a way to go yet, but it is a huge big ray of light at the end of a black tunnel. We are so relieved to have this chance.  Life is starting to feel good again. Love and hugs to all of you who have given us strength and support. busy_lizzie   :-*
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 17:36:43 by busy_lizzie »
live your days not count your years

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 17:36:42 »
Now that is good news! I know you still have a long road to travel, but at least now you know where you are going. Delighted for you! Megahugs xx

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 17:43:43 »
My lovely sister, after 10 years on her own, has met a lovely man who looks after her , for a change. Here's hoping she has a chance at happiness after such a long time  :)
We also had a win on the lottery, poppy mole, we won £5.00 on the diabetic lottery  ;D
Lovely news, buzy-lizzie, this thread is making me feel much better  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 17:53:16 »
What a wonderful thread, and so many diverse blessings from good results on health, weight lossm good friends, good buys, even romance, how very special for you all.

You know we should call ourselves ther Half Full Gang..

It is amazing what is around us when we look at the world from a half full rather than half empty glass.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 18:07:26 »
So glad to hear of your good news busy lizzie.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 18:55:37 »
I have re-read Jeannine's advice on growing sweetcorn and will resist starting seeds off until late April.

I have burnt loads of rubbish on my allotment in a bonfire (not so good that it suddenly rained) and sown more broad bean seeds.

We had a work party on the site on Sunday demolishing an ancient shed with the most incredible contents (eg 2 shattered vacuum cleaners, a tea service, rotting concrete rollers etc etc), all had a good laugh, dragged an elder tree out of the ground (begging its forgiveness, as you do) and the Sunday bonfire burned until Monday morning.

Plus our barn roof, corrugated iron, has gone to the allotment to make new shed, and we now have an array on the roof of solar panels that are feeding in electricity at the top tariff, because we just made it before the sudden December 12th cut off point.

And my pea seedlings are up in their gutters.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 19:02:20 »
Well - reading all through has cheered me up this early evening!!

Best of all the news is busy_lizzie's. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for sharing a few rays of sunlight with the rest of us. May there be many more to come into everyones lives.  :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 19:06:55 »
The Sun was out today, 8) but nothing is brighter and warmer than Lizzie's great news.   :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 19:16:19 »
  Such wonderful news from Jean, all the best to you & Mike.
xxxxx

PLEASE let us keep this at the top it is so good to hear all this good news ;D ;D ;D.

Well done Aden Roller a huge, pat on the back for you. ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal