Author Topic: quick cup  (Read 3305 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
quick cup
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:29:18 »
Has anyone got a tefal Quick Cup and are they worth  buying?   Thanks for any replies.

elsie

• Half Acre
Re: quick cup
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 14:44:42 »
My mum was going to buy one of these, but didn't as it doesn't boil the water. At least it didn't when they first came out, don't know if that's changed, or if you'd be put off by this too, but thought it worth mentioning...

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 15:44:13 »
Ok for instant coffee but for tea I like my water boiled.  Friend of mine had one and I thought they were marvelous..but as her's didn't actually boil the water neither..it was for very limited use really.
In the end she dug the old kettle out of cupboard and did it in old fashion way...and proper kettle is good when you need boiling water for cooking too. So I didn't get one after all.
But for somebody who doesn't cook much or need large quantities of hot water at the time..Ok.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 19:11:51 »
Many thanks for the replies.   I like my water boiled too so will be leaving this idea aside.  I knew I could rely on a4a.

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 15:01:17 »
i have a breville hot cup which is virtually the same thing as a tefal one cup.  i love it.  yeah you cant fill a saucepan up with hot water in one go but it saves so much electricity because i only boil what i need.  i have had it for about a year now and i will definitely be getting another one when this one conks out.

schmelda

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 21:53:22 »
They're pretty noisy as well  :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal