Author Topic: Question for Treasurers/chairpeople  (Read 2376 times)

alexE

• Quarter Acre
Question for Treasurers/chairpeople
« on: January 24, 2012, 13:50:02 »
How much do you pay at your sites for Public Liability Insurance?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to set up a community garden in a deprived area where I live and insurance is one of the spanner the trained monkey we have for a neighbourhood manager has thrown in the works

the project's been in the pipeline since 2008, i really don't think its high on his list of prioratories.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Question for Treasurers/chairpeople
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 14:16:53 »
Hi, alexE.
We paid about 68.00 for our public liability from blue fin  :)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 17:10:41 »
We paid £75 last year with Blue Fin, I'm not Treasurer this year but i believe that although the NSALG moved insurers i think we got a good deal again with Blue Fin and so stayed with them....not a 100% on that though. That also covered our Flower and produce show for public liability etc so I think that upped the cost.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 17:17:09 »
Thats what happened with us, Kea. Blue fin offered us a good deal which covers our plant sales, too  :)

digmore

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 19:19:44 »
AlexE,

Everybodies in the right area price wise, we go I believe thru the NSALG. Looking at last years accounts, we paid £75.00 an increase of £10.00. That is covering 72 plots and roadways.

As much as we all do not like spending money, insurance is paramount these days of litigation. The insurance companies like the seed companies put their prices up to cover their costs and because they can. You cannot function without either.

Digmore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal