Author Topic: Guest visitors  (Read 2580 times)

digmore

• Half Acre
Guest visitors
« on: January 10, 2012, 21:27:56 »
We will be holding our agm tomorrow, along with the best plot and half plot awards, we will as usual discuss the mundane.

Also during the meeting it will be dicussed as to allowing the top five on the waiting list to be present as guests at the next agm. This to give them some idea as to the nature and feel of our allotment site. What is acceptable and what is not etc.

We believe this maybe a way of preventing any unpleasantness or misunderstanding once on site.

Does any other site do this ?

Digmore.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Guest visitors
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 21:35:36 »
Not that I'm aware of...  :-X

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 21:42:13 »
Not ours... But in these days of long waiting lists it makes sense.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 22:29:02 »
I am afraid that as far as i am concerned that is a no go. The only people pressent should be full members only, as they are the only people that is entiteled to vote.
What happens in the future if other people want to be at the meeting after you have opened the door to non members. Apart from that whatever preecedings that takes place is of no business to anyone but the members. Also save yourself some embarresment because if one member objects to them being there as non members you will have to ask them to leave.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 00:14:43 »
nice idea but im not too sure how i feel about this..for a start would you get many takers,and how does your constitution stand on this?
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 06:32:27 »
We issue voting cards to members at the start of the meeting, but non-members (e.g. spouses) are welcome to attend. They have no speaking rights (except at the discretion of the chair) and they are not allowed to vote. We make those on the waiting list aware of the AGM and they can of course attend should they wish.

digmore

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 19:52:02 »
I feel my enquiry has been missed read by some, the original enquiry was, Does any other site do this?

As to the other replies..

The invited top five are guests and as such have no rights as to the proceedings. Guests are invited at the behest of the membership. Should a situation rise during the agm that is an in house matter, the visitors would be asked to leave and then be readmitted later.

Each year, we invite, not only the elected councillors from the authorities allotments committee but also the council officers from that council.

Many thanks

Digmore.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal