General > Assisted Gardening

Aids to open jars

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ophi:
I have always used the door or if the lid is too big then I let the air in with a bottle opener.

Borlotti:
I also use the door, but OH found the marks when he was painting, but I just don't know how they got there.  ;D ;D ;D

genlistlass:
Before I start with my rubber daisy top remover, I put the jar/bottle upside down in a plastic container and pour about an inch of very hot water in. This loosens any crusty or sugary residue around the seal and makes removing tops and lids easier.

Hector:
Melbourne12 and Green Lily thanks for this. Very very timely...looking at something to do this for my daughter. She now has one functioning arm, so other aids haven't worked. This Cuisinare looks great.

There's another one on here we have been looking to try. Useful wee pdf.
https://www.rnoh.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/a_patients_guide_for_completing_activities_of_daily_living_with_one_hand.doc

Digeroo:
I still junk them in a bowl of boiling water or simply poor boiling water over the top of the jar.

Its liquid washing detergent that I find a problem.  And the back of phones.  How are you supposed to get the sim card in if you cannot open the back up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version