Author Topic: Selling on EBAY  (Read 6259 times)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Selling on EBAY
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2005, 22:52:37 »
The first one you still have a lot of time left for the bidding plus the images are very poor also maybe peeps think they are out of date as you have not mentioned how old they are. ???

The second one I was put off straight away as your RRP was £1.99 your Buy It Price was £1.50 plus .60p P&P = £2.10 they can buy fresh stuff for £1.99 from a shop???

And to confuse even more you say “Choose 5 or more from the varieties below” Does that mean I can Buy 5 or more for £1.50? ???

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2005, 10:32:52 »
Roy, Just to respond to your comments;

1.I have explained the quality of the photos in an earlier post. I have decided to try some different settings on my digi camera for subsequent pictures

2. The RRP was for an individual packet. I am offering at least 5 for 1.50. When you add up the RRPs of individual packets, there is a saving to be made.The listing  itself has sold this morning for the 'buy it now' price, so it clearly interested someone!

3. I admit you have a point about the 'use by' dates. Unfortunately not all the packets have this information on, but on advice I will detail such information i do have.

4 Again i admit my wording is perhaps a little vague as to the number of seeds offered, but i am trying to offer buyers a choice. This is perahps prefereble to offering say only 5 packets  with no choice as to varieties. I also leave the option open to buyers to choose ALL varietied offered if they so wished.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 10:37:12 by Garden Cadet »

Clayhithe

• Acre
  • Easy does it
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 19:01:59 »
Mrs C sold her old,  clapped-out car on e-bay.   It made a really embarrassing amount of money.   The chap who collected it (with girlfriend and knowledgeable mate) paid cash and was delighted.

We worried for weeks.
Good gardening!

John

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal