Author Topic: As its Mild should i be less meek??  (Read 4438 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: As its Mild should i be less meek??
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 14:16:09 »
All my good plans have gone to 'pot'..I just had to sow few seeds..and that is Tai Haku's fault.
I've sown just few chillie seeds to calm my early urges down.. ;D
Oh how nice it is to write few labels and get some Jiffys to expand..simple pleasures are best.
Now I have something to keep eye on every now and then..err..everytime I go upstairs.. :-X
GROWING SEASON IS ON!  ;D ;D ;D

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 15:33:14 »
I might try some mixed salad leaves too. I wonder if a domestic spot light would be enough for some added light?

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 15:38:42 »
Well i have tried to go out twice to get some time in the garden and both times the heavens have opened i think someone is trying to tell me something.

Instead i am looking at an indoor propagator which i was hoping i would not need but as i dont have my greenhouse yet it looks like i might need it and as the sales are on :) well it would be rude not to :)

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 21:06:21 »
I've got BBs in rootrainers, and lettuce in the poly. Today i sowed onions in the propagator and Douce provence peas in the poly-some in guttering and some in a bed.
Now I'm plucking up courage to try the potato seed i saved coz I gather they require a longer growing time than tomatoes. Except for a few alfa alfa sprouts or mustard and cress don't think I shall do much more until Feb.
Mind you i've also pricked out [indoors] one of those early lettuce packs they sell in supermarkets. They're in the conservatory [no heating] with covers and are recovering although a bit shell shocked by the temperature change...

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 01:07:13 »
Other than ground prep or repairs I won't sow any seed before mid to late february.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 06:34:13 »
I'll be sowing chillies, aubergines, sweet peas, onions, corn salad, ornamental cabbage and just maybe one to two tomatoes over the next 2-3 weeks if I have the time. Just a few to get me started. ;D ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:23 »
Have you got a Glass House Anne?

In years gone I have give in to the itch and had beans growing up the living room wall.I won't be doing anything yet apart from digging out the dreaded couch.Spent hours on it and still it comes.It is a battle I am determined to win LOL ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 09:26:54 »
Have you got a Glass House Anne?
No they'll end up all over the house. Mind you I've been promised a greenhouse but I'll have to build it and I really don't have a clue how!

I also have digging and weeding to do but the soil is alternately sodden and frozen so I can't get started on that yet.

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 10:42:11 »
i have some potato seeds both from a swap and some i managed to save my self when is the best time to sow them  sue

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 15:33:00 »
If you mean TPS, early. Last year I got some in May, and it turned out to be really late, though I did get some mini-tubers. As early as you can, given your setup. I'll have to start mine on the windowsill, and I don't have space to pot them up there, so probably around the end of next month.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal