Author Topic: TURKEY CROWNS....but what happens to the rest of the turkey????????  (Read 11699 times)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Re: TURKEY CROWNS....but what happens to the rest of the turkey????????
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 10:17:39 »
Gizzards? Gesiers?  Delicious!  A salade tiede of gesiers is one of the joys of a summer holiday in France.

When I was a youngster, one of my favourite treats was Birds Eye Chicken Rissoles.  They were just the tastiest convenience food imaginable.  Unfortunately they must have changed poultry supplier at some point, and started to contain tooth-breaking fragments of grit.  It was at that point that people realised that the tasty chicken flavour was (ugh!) gizzards, and they disappeared from the frozen cabinets shortly thereafter.  True Brits just don't eat gizzards.

There's often a foundation of truth in bizarre food processing stories, but I find it difficult to construct a business model in which it's profitable to puree gizzards and inject the resulting slurry into chicken meat.  

Absolutely not.

Boiled Lights (sheeps lungs) are the most disgusting part of the innards ever eaten, and were served up to he poor in in the workhouse  in Victorian times. Even the Edwardians couldnt put up with them,  and people stopped eating lights before world war two.

Except, of course, in Scotland.  And with Burns Night only a few weeks away, I wonder how many of us are looking forward to our annual taste of haggis?

So that'll either be a  ;D or a  :o according to taste!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal