Author Topic: Jeremy 'Shutttttt it'  (Read 2841 times)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Jeremy 'Shutttttt it'
« on: December 01, 2011, 18:31:28 »
Jeremy,
 You should know better than to make jokes about Public sector workers, personally I can't stop laughing at the Colleague from Unison who came on TV tonight, talk about sour faced, ;D,  'Shutttttttttt it',
 : ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Jeremy 'Shutttttt it'
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 18:39:33 »
Yes it was hilarious. This is even funnier though if you like that kind of humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 18:41:28 by OllieC »

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 18:54:26 »

He can take a joke, well I think he can when on camera, when a  Custard pie  was delivered with great force and accuracy in to his mush when he was on a jolly to Oxford Uni, :)

davejg

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:09:38 »
surely no one could not see it was a joke! Mind you we are talking councill employees here. Our lot had an investigation into why some forms say "complete in black ink only". In my experience they can never be wrong, if they are it must have been another member of staff & dont even think about joking......

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:43:05 »
Can't believe Clarkson, does he not actually stop to think what he says on a sensitive subject like Suicide, in his latest gaff, this is unacceptable especially with the Gary Speed issue still in the news,

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 10:32:39 »
What is a risque joke and what is offensive, is sometimes a very fine differentiation.  But Clarkson repeatedly strays far into the unacceptable.  And it is not just what he says either.

I hated the American episode with the dead cow and the deliberate goading of very straightlaced locals.  I also hate the wanton destruction of caravans, pianos etc.  It sets the wrong example altogether to impressionable youngsters.  Mindless damage and destruction glorified or depicted as a joke, is never good.  He is just as bad as bored kids vandalising allotment sheds for a bit of 'fun'. 

As far as I am concerned, losing him is a cost saving measure the BBC could so easily make. 

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:37:37 »
What is a risque joke and what is offensive, is sometimes a very fine differentiation.  But Clarkson repeatedly strays far into the unacceptable.  And it is not just what he says either.

I hated the American episode with the dead cow and the deliberate goading of very straightlaced locals.  I also hate the wanton destruction of caravans, pianos etc.  It sets the wrong example altogether to impressionable youngsters.  Mindless damage and destruction glorified or depicted as a joke, is never good.  He is just as bad as bored kids vandalising allotment sheds for a bit of 'fun'. 

As far as I am concerned, losing him is a cost saving measure the BBC could so easily make. 
                    I know plenty of jokes what some people would call risgue and offensive, but what I think is normal and funny, would you like me to tell you some?,

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:33 »
I think its time for Jeremy to 'retire' from bublic eye for the while..yes, I can see his 'jokes' but it is getting too much now. To me he don't sound like he is all there anymore....or is it case of 'desperate to sell his dvd's time of the year'.. ::)
I don't mind top gear..but I've quite had enough of him for time being... >:(

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 11:30:52 »

I know plenty of jokes what some people would call risgue and offensive, but what I think is normal and funny, would you like me to tell you some?,

Sure, just tell us all and change the subject line accordingly  ;)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 12:28:47 »
No I don't think I will, I'll have 'Ollie' on my back, ;D

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:57 »
Personally, I very much appreciated the irony of a Trade Union calling for someone's dismissal without due (or indeed any) process.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 13:03:39 »
Who cares about JC anyway?............boring little you know what :)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 14:05:13 »
Who cares about JC anyway?............boring little you know what :)

I strongly agree.  After some other controversy that was posted about on here I watched an episode of his show on the iPlayer.  That's an hour of my life that I'll never get back.  ::)  I suppose it's entertainment of a sort, but personally I'd rather watch a plank warp.

I liked Guido Fawkes' conclusion, "He has two Christmas DVDs out. Publicity you can’t buy…"  http://order-order.com/2011/12/02/genius-clarkson-laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal