Author Topic: Which dishwasher?  (Read 4532 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Which dishwasher?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 18:19:50 »
Are they costly to run ???

Cheaper and more hygenic than filling a sink with hot water.We have ecowash on ours but I like my dishes sterilised so we have it hot. When a person I know used to get toys from carboots for disadvantaged kids, she used to pop them in the dishwasher to sterilise them before giving them to the charity.

You can get a small half sized model for the smaller kitchen.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 18:30:24 »
Thanks for all the replies. Ace, we wouldn't need to change our colour scheme- oyur kitchen is bright yellow! ;D

Our old one was a Haier, which is identical to the Proline one and, yes, definitely a "don't buy".

Think we'll have to decide how much to spend as it seems like you get what you pay for in this case!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 19:09:16 »
Caroline have you looked at appliancesdirect.co.uk

I know several people who have shopped there & good reports.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 19:52:06 »
If you are near a "Best Buy" they have started their closing down sale here in Derby..

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 23:22:11 »
Whichever one you go for, just remember the thrifty tip. Half a tablet each for two short washes, then a whole one for a full one  ;)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 17:21:21 »
We got rid of a tumble dryer in order to make space for our first dishwasher when we remodelled our kitchen in 1984.   Excellent swap.
We've had a dishwasher ever since and no dryer.

For a full load they have been shown to use less water than washing and rinsing by hand.  If you set them off at night on cheap rate leccy they're not expensive and are far more hygenic than hand washing.   Some models have higher energy efficiency ratings than others.  You gets what you pays for.

Since we've had ours, we also lose far fewer wine glasses than when they're washed and dried by hand, especially the crysytal ones - not posh cut glass, just ordinary every day plain crystal from Italy.  Thinner and nicer than plain glass.

If I have a sticky pan or dish I soak it in Ariel first to deal with the worst and then the dishwasher gets the rest off.  Brilliant inventions.
Obxx - Vendée France

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 09:42:36 »
Useful for plastic flower pots too!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 10:39:45 »
As long as OH doesn't find out.  Mine doesn't understand.
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal