Author Topic: Are these mushrooms edible?  (Read 5447 times)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
Re: Are these mushrooms edible?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 13:30:06 »
As the saying goes if in doubt leave it out  ;)

Best be safe than sorry.
Be kind to slugs and snails!

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 14:16:32 »
 Hi all - thanks for all the info.... much appreciated..

I'm still alive after eating 2 last night!!  ;D  ;D
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 15:12:04 »

Glad to hear that   ;D

x Chas

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 15:48:03 »

I'm still alive after eating 2 last night!!  ;D  ;D

Maybe you got away with it this time, that's luck more than judgement.  Not sure why you asked for advice in the first place since you ignored it all anyway.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 16:00:53 »
Well they all looked alright to me I would have eaten them without all the fuss happening on here. I am always picking wild mushers, have done for the last 50 years. I don't eat all the fungi that have been made acceptable by all the books that purport to identify them. Just the lovely pinked gilled ones which are just buttons freshly opened up and horse mushrooms if I can get to them before the maggots.

If in doubt try them on your missus first ;)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 16:37:16 »
Let's just suppose that you posted that to Gavin yesterday and it was the only reply.  Gavin thinks that ACE is a good bloke and knows his stuff and I've looked at a website too so I'll give them a try.  Gavin ends up pretty poorly in hospital and Mrs Gavin asks him why on earth did you eat wild mushrooms and Gavin says they said on Allotments4All that they were fine.

The 'fuss' is concern for Gavin (and his family's) health and concern not to land Dan and any other members in the deep stuff.

You've been foraging for 50 years, Gavin clearly hasn't or he wouldn't have posted his question in the first place.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 17:24:57 »
But he didn't did he. They were just common or garden wild mushrooms anybody can see that. That is unless you are a scare mongerer.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 17:39:55 »
Gavin couldn't see that they 'were just common or garden wild mushrooms'.  I couldn't.  None of the others contributors could either.  I think we all qualify as 'anybody'?  ;).  I don't care about being labelled a scare mongerer.  Better that than a killer, eh?  ;D

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 17:42:33 »
Let's just suppose that you posted that to Gavin yesterday and it was the only reply.  Gavin thinks that ACE is a good bloke and knows his stuff and I've looked at a website too so I'll give them a try.  Gavin ends up pretty poorly in hospital and Mrs Gavin asks him why on earth did you eat wild mushrooms and Gavin says they said on Allotments4All that they were fine.

The 'fuss' is concern for Gavin (and his family's) health and concern not to land Dan and any other members in the deep stuff.

You've been foraging for 50 years, Gavin clearly hasn't or he wouldn't have posted his question in the first place.
Exactly so.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 18:05:59 »
I would not have made the comment if I was not sure. They are edible  mushrooms. As he had already tried them before I made the comment what is all the fuss about  ???

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 18:39:29 »
Gawd Gavin,how do you survive being that stupid.And a time waster.

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 18:47:30 »
I respected all the replies and thank everyone for them. they were all right in their own way.. I'm not a time waster..

On searching google I established they were not on the poisonous list... so I ate some..   ;D  ;D
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 19:38:33 »
Your question wasn't respectful of the site owner and your replies aren't respectful of those who posted trying to help you.  This thread is now locked.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal