Author Topic: In search of the perfect non-drip teapot  (Read 4504 times)

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
In search of the perfect non-drip teapot
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:38:58 »
I'm fed up with the dribbles and stains so I'm on the look out for a non-drip teapot that actually works.

I've seen many advertised as being non-drip but after getting through many teapots over the years I can say that none have met this 100%. The closest I've come to this is my small stainless steel 'travelling teapot' (bought for camping trips and stainless steel so it wouldn't break). But I'd really prefer a traditional earthenware or porcelain one.

Anyone got a road-tested suggestion that can still be bought new?

pansy potter

• Half Acre
Re: In search of the perfect non-drip teapot
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:09:01 »
After years of trying teapots that I hope don't drip. I think I have finally found one. Got it from Wilkinsons last week. Its white with "Its always time for tea" written on it. Holds 4 mugs.
It cost £7 and after having it for 4 days it has been ok.
God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 16:24:12 »
We finally gave in and bought a stainless steel one which doesn't drip but doesn't look great either.

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 18:42:21 »

Go to an old fashioned Hardware store and they should have a pre-formed rubber spout you slip over the teapot spout.   ::)   Works for me.    :P  Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

ru2010

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 19:15:22 »
My PiquotWare 6 cup teapot doesn't drip, and looks lovely!

They've been making them to the same (or similar) pattern for the last 70 or 80 years. You can still buy them new (not cheap though - 5 piece teaset = over £400!) or you can find them in every antiques centre.

I got mine on eBay, 5-piece teaset new and unused for about £40. You will find quite a lot under the heading "unwanted wedding present"!

Anyway - beautifully made and non-drip.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal