Author Topic: Anyone got a Merton Glory Cherry Tree?  (Read 2486 times)

alexE

• Quarter Acre
Anyone got a Merton Glory Cherry Tree?
« on: November 04, 2011, 21:09:12 »
I'm planning on doing some grafting of cherries as i have two that aren't producing.
i plan on getting two Gisella5 root stocks and letting them grow two spurs each to graft onto next year. then i plan to train them as double cordon/espalier trees with a different variety of cherry on either cordon giving me one tree Stella (group d/4 self fertile) and Vann (group c/3 self sterile) and one tree Morello (group f/6, self fertile) and Merton Glory (group b/2, self sterile)

I can find scions for Stella and Vann on-line and there's a Morello out the back of my mother's that I  can take a Scion from but I can't find Merton Glory Scions anywhere

Can anyone help me out (I don't need the scions this year)

Thanks in hopefull appreciation

davejg

• Half Acre
Re: Anyone got a Merton Glory Cherry Tree?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 18:05:31 »
May i ask whre you are getting your Gisella5's from  :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 18:16:31 »
If you are not lucky getting any scion wood..you could try Rv Roger nursery..they sell Merton Glory. Perharps you could give them call and ask if they could supply you with some 'craft wood'.
http://rvroger.co.uk/index.php?linksource=stockgroup&webpage=cherries&listgroupfile=fruitandnuttrees&parentpagefile=opengroundfruit&season=MAIN&caller=Header

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 18:19:55 »
..and..other option is contact Brogdale http://www.brogdalecollections.co.uk/ and enquire if they would supply some scion wood..you never know.. ;)

alexE

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 13:21:56 »
hiya, getting the rootstock from gb-online.co.uk,

they sell a wide range of rootstock and scions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal