Author Topic: pelleted chicken manure  (Read 16642 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: pelleted chicken manure
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 16:39:07 »
Considering the problems of contamination I would not expect to pay more than the delivery charge.  I understand the  increased price of fuel but the increase in feed is irrelevant the manure is a waste product.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 18:36:49 »
We took delivery of 20 tons of well rotted horse manure at the weekend, 80.00  ;D
We also use pelleted stuff as a top dressing.

gixer

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 19:23:05 »
We usually put Manure on our plot.
This year i grew pumpkins for the first time and i was wondering why they weren't producing fruit. I spoke to another plot holder who told me it was because i wasn't feeding them enough and recommended chicken pellets. After applying around the plant stem they fruited lovely, infact i got one that was 25lb in weight.
I also used them in my green house while i went on holiday. I have a irrigation system on a timer but that doesn't feed!! so slow release pellets worked well.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11:31 »
We get our muck for £50 for 10 tons and £2.50 for a bale of straw

I know where theres three mountians of horse poo in lincolnshire, where i can help myself for free. Ive invented a roll on roll off builders bag for my trailer :D
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 12:36:16 »
I used to know a stables in Kent that had the biggest pile of perfeck black rotted poo you have ever seen (well I have ever seen) but you had to wade through a see of horsey wee and mud to get at it..
Prolly still there but last time I went I get nipped by one the dogs and I ahem "had some words" with the slight odd owner and I have been back since!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

TheEssexYorkshireman

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 13:02:25 »
Are we talking a different Homebase here, I've just visited their website and 10kg of Westland Organic Chicken Manure is priced at £13.99??

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 16:04:07 »

Get down to Homebase - NOW ! bargains to be had.    Chicken manure pellets. Cheers,    Tony

Thanks from me too.   Got some today and fellow lotties off to buy some.

banksy

• Half Acre
  • Southend-on-Sea, Essex
    • my blog
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 16:18:19 »
Are we talking a different Homebase here, I've just visited their website and 10kg of Westland Organic Chicken Manure is priced at £13.99??

I think its an in-store promo, cant remember the make but its definitely not Westland.... I got mine from the Homebase near the Sainsbury's on London Road - there was almost a full pallet there on Tuesday.   ;D

Cheers!

Iain
Friends always welcome on the plot, weeds by appointment only.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal