Author Topic: Quidco..... worth doing?  (Read 1988 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Quidco..... worth doing?
« on: October 23, 2011, 18:43:35 »
I've had an email inviting me to join Quidco, which on the face of it looks tempting as you can earn discounts and cashback from retailers by going via their site. However, the cynic in me feels there must be a catch....selling your details on/loads of junk mail perhaps? Anyone on here a member, if so what has been your experience?
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Re: Quidco..... worth doing?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 18:47:51 »
I know someone Deb who has earned several hundred pounds by using Quidco. I'll try & find out for you ;D.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 19:01:48 »
I'm a Quidco member, there's no catch apart from the £5 per annum fee that comes out of your cashback earnings.  Apart from lots of smaller earnings on everyday stuff I got £320 cashback on a bed. I couldn't get near the price anywhere else on the high street or online.  Everytime you buy something online, someone somewhere gets a commission unless you buy direct from the merchant without visiting any other referring website (like a search engine) first.  What cashback websites do is pass that commission on to you.

I've been a Quidco member for a while now and have found that the level of service has dropped off dramatically in the last 6 months or so - far more problems getting the cashback.  I still have an account but am currently putting all my purchases through Topcashback who I'm finding more reliable at present.

It's free money - if you do a lot of shopping online why not!

ETA - Topcashback doesn't charge an annual fee.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 19:05:27 by ceres »

small

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 19:44:23 »
We use both Quidco and Topcashback and have saved loads, especially on insurance. Topcashback let us down last year over mobile phones, but otherwise no problems. Our experience is that no junk mail has been generated from these sites.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 20:02:43 »
We use top cash back, too, quite a good earner if you buy lots off the internet. Also do consumer pulse which is a real earner but you have to be asked  :)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:00:41 »
Thanks for that sage advice, I'll have a look at the Topcashback site as well. ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:43:26 »
Hi,
I've been a member of Quidco for a couple of years now and have had around £600 cash back over that time. As others have said it is money for nothing really. It is just remembering to use the site when shopping online. Car/house insurance, mobile phones etc all offer good cash back deals. It is like everything though - you need to do your homework. Sometimes you can get a good deal on your car insurance that may be slightly cheaper than through Quidco but take into account any cash back.

I know you have to pay a fiver out of your earnings each year but that is out of any earnings you make. No earnings no fee.

In these times of austerity it's surely worth a punt.  ;D

MP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal