Author Topic: Sir Brucey.....finally  (Read 8430 times)

Nigel B

• Hectare
Re: Sir Brucey.....finally
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 12:48:03 »
I like Bruce..he has been a good entertainer over the years.

The thing I have never understood though is why people get knighted for doing well paid jobs??

Would like it to be reserved for people who do exceptional things in life for others and have not gained personally from it.

+1
It does seem odd that someone receives public recognition for spending their lives craving public recognition. (And the massive financial rewards that come with it.)
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2011, 13:43:14 »

its an observation based on his self declared inability to read posts and links provided. Ergo the conclusions about  his educational level is reasonable and based on the information supplied in his own posts.

If yo ugo round admitting you're unable to read a post because its  by implication above your head, what other conclusion could we derive? And why therfore is it insulting to point out an inevitable conclusion? Surely, if dont want people to think such things, why then go round implying it about yourself, that alone is indicative of the implication separately.

Yeh right, how do they know my level of intelligence. But sadly such exciting work as working in the sewage farm is not for me. I am just a gardener. But I did do a wiki to find LY, must be doing that wrong as well because it keeps coming up as David Icke.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 15:06:14 »
This is just my opinion but I find ACE and LINCSYOKEL equally arrogant and opinionated so it's pots and kettles and best left alone.

Both have strong opinions, to which they're entitled, and both have interesting points of view.    I completely agree with Lincs that Simon Cowell is an unprincipled money grabber and don't watch his shows.  Can't stand karaoke in any form, let alone this format.

I agree with ACE about Bruce, but not about Strictly.  My own experience of dancing is that it brings people together from a wide mixture of backgrounds, education and age and is a force for the good.  SCD also raises money for Children in Need and shows people being encouraged to improve each week.   

X Factor and its ilk just line Simon's pockets, just like News of the World lined the Murdoch family's pockets before they were found out.
Obxx - Vendée France

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2011, 15:19:29 »
 How comes that peeps have been banned for less than LY, comes out with . One law for 1 one for another your face must fit matey but not your gob. Just grow up & stop insulting people who have an opinion of there own.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 15:41:33 »
ooh, there's my ignore button  ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2011, 16:02:10 »
you and your mate tonybloke

I don't know why you think that me and ACE are mates? just because we've both been members on here for years doesn't mean we are mates. We do usually agree on horticultural topics, and I actually think ACE is one of the UK's best garden plant growers / installers. I've seen several of the award-winning gardens he's worked in/on, and images of others.
However, we quite often agree to disagree on other non-horticultural topics,(including politics) without degenerating into personal insults and slanging matches.

hope this clears up any misunderstanding you may have.

now go and play with your crayons quietly, please.
You couldn't make it up!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2011, 16:06:42 »
I also agree with ACE, must be ill, especially after he refused two old biddies a lift from Ryde. (ha, ha).  Don't blame him.  My grandchildren love X-factor or whatever it is I was forced to watch on Saturday night, sure they would not like Brucey.  He has had his day, but don't really care, if he is a Sir OK with me.  I was told by my granddaughter on Saturday after saying all the acts were rubbish, and told her I was old, she said old people are meant to be nice, not an old misery like me, and I was spoiling it for her, so had to shut up, and when I said I liked Janet that was wrong.  Thought old people were allowed to moan, I will try to be nice in future, and say how lovely it is or go to bed early.  My favourite programme is Outnumbered, mummy killed my mouse, but even that is getting a bit silly lately, must have run out of ideas, but love the little girl, she is brill.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2011, 16:27:44 »
My favourite programme is Outnumbered,

Me too Borlotti!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 16:39:44 »

It might have been another insult bloke, You big tart ;)

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 18:10:44 »
It might have been another insult bloke, You big tart ;)

yep, he might have said we were secret lovers! LOL ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 18:23:20 »
everyone has their own opinion
I don't.

Ouch, I got a crayon up my nose.  Little help?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 19:45:32 »
I think Tones Ace's lovechild, I have no photographic proof but I've seen a few crayon drawings.    ;D ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 19:47:28 by cornykev »
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2011, 20:05:50 »

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 21:01:49 »
 ;D ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

pumkinlover

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2011, 21:07:40 »
Hmmm. Ace doesn't give his age away :-X

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2011, 07:26:54 »
OOH missed most of that above as ive had LY on ignore for some time.
I'm sure im not alone.
 :) x sunloving

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2011, 13:08:30 »
Age is an attitude.....

Which dope said that?  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal