Author Topic: belle de nuit  (Read 11091 times)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: belle de nuit
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 21:25:10 »
Sorry the fragrance description was such a challenge.

I tried to find words for milkweed aroma once and nearest I could come was "warmed honey or dried fall leaves on a sunny day." Anyway, you've convinced me to try growing some next year so thank you.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30:09 »

I tried to find words for milkweed aroma once and nearest I could come was "warmed honey or dried fall leaves on a sunny day." Anyway, you've convinced me to try growing some next year so thank you.

I guess that's why flower scents are so special.... almost impossible to describe and capture yet so special it's worth the effort of growing some things just for their pong.  :)

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 14:02:56 »

I guess that's why flower scents are so special.... almost impossible to describe and capture yet so special it's worth the effort of growing some things just for their pong.  :)
I find rose suppliers very misleading concerning strength of fragrance. "Perfume a whole garden" is rubbish.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 01:46:38 »

I find rose suppliers very misleading concerning strength of fragrance. "Perfume a whole garden" is rubbish.

Very true... with my sense of small it's often a matter of burying my nose into the middle of the bloom but there are some exceptions. Garden pinks on a good day, honey suckle, even wallflowers when the heat and humidity are right.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal