Author Topic: It's that time of year again....  (Read 1935 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
It's that time of year again....
« on: September 14, 2011, 22:10:48 »
Our rents are due in October so if people are thinking of giving up all or part of their plot, that's when they do it. 

I've got existing plot holders wanting bigger plots, some wanting smaller plots and people on the waiting-list wanting anything they can get.

It's a lovely feeling to be able to give people a bigger plot, or to tell someone they have their first plot............but it takes such a lot of organising. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: It's that time of year again....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 22:46:08 »
I second this dearest squash,to add,its also a great feeling when a plotholder(eventually at times)gives up half thier plot cos they cant manage it anymore,the sense of relief is papable!Our beloved chairman(83) has now decided to give up half of his,Im so happy because at one point he was going to pack in completely....he would have been so missed...by my own gentle encouragement he will remain onsite and a valuable part of our community,hoorah!Good luck with all your changes,I shall be thinking of you whilst going through our own
Rach
x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
Re: It's that time of year again....
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 23:35:14 »
It is so sad to see people leave but good to see new people arrive...especially if they make a go of it!

Downsizing is a better option than leaving altogether. I like the idea of partnered plots where someone new comes along and shares a plot with someone needing a hand but not wanting to give up. It's a bit like an apprenticeship I guess.  :)

Our fees are payable during December. It seems to me a good time as the plots are mostly snoozing at that time of year.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 23:39:25 by Aden Roller »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal