Author Topic: Wales  (Read 2293 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Wales
« on: September 04, 2011, 21:02:41 »
Well they let me back over the border, just in time too, as I was starting to get webbed feet. Wet or what! don't it ever stop raining there. And what's all this bilingual road signage about, how much does it cost the tax payers, there are virtually no monoglot welsh speakers about so why carry on wasting money on it.

It was so desolate where we stayed, no telly, no phones, no grocers, loads of pubs, but I supposed they do have good reasons for drowing their sorrows. nice views I suppose but after viewing mountains day in and day out the novelty sort of wears off.

Stayed at a place called Rhandirmwyn and had to go through a place called Silly Quim to get anywhere, had to put my foot down through there as the locals had a look about them which put you in mind of a banjo player in a certain film. I am sure they would have stoned me if I had stopped and they mistook me for a missionary.

Anyway we escaped back to the sunny sarf coast for a few days in the new forest before we sailed back to sanity. (She needed a few days of retail therapy to get back to normal.) Although I should have left her in Wales as there seem to be a dire shortage of  dragons there.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Wales
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 21:55:38 »
I ventured over the border to Erdigg...
but the banjo's were deafening...  :)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 23:07:55 »
Saddad!!!! That's about ten minutes from me...you would have had a cup of tea and biscuits on offer with nary a banjo in sight :P

Ace, you are very naughty.
Jackie

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:22 »
I woke up this morning and for a minute I thought I was still on holiday in Wales, Blowing a hoolie and hissing down outside. Back to bed today I think.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 19:17:55 »
Ah! That's because you have naffed off some druids. Not wanting to worry you but allegedly the wind comes first...then significant parts turn green and fall off.
Jackie

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:29:06 »
you're being unfair ACE. Lots of good things have come out of Wales...... the A55, the A458, the M4...............

hard to take druids seriously, if Ken Barlow is one

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 15:00:28 »
Lol, it does rain a fair bit  ;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 17:14:34 »
How else could a country be so green?
A place so perfect, we raise beautiful little lambs to supply the plates of your English families with tender young meat....

I suppose it's what we do to them before we sell them to you that troubles you most, no?

;)
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 18:18:01 »
Beautiful place going at the end of the month for a stroll up the Pyg track or if the weather is right we will give Tryfan a go, :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 20:08:20 »
A place so perfect, we raise beautiful little lambs to supply the plates of your English families with tender young meat....

I suppose it's what we do to them before we sell them to you that troubles you most, no?

;)

Erm? it seem more grey than green when I was there, and as for those wooly pigs we don't eat them in this house, they are so old when we get them what they call lamb now, used to be mutton in my day.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 23:28:06 »

;)

Erm? it seem more grey than green when I was there, and as for those wooly pigs we don't eat them in this house, they are so old when we get them what they call lamb now, used to be mutton in my day.

I would send you some lamb seeds to raise your own Ace, but customs rules mean they can only be exported as chops and jumpers.
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal