Author Topic: got me going this morning..not happy..  (Read 2614 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
got me going this morning..not happy..
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:30:39 »
 ..I woke up in jolly mood..weekend off and plenty to do in lottie..great.. ;D..but then I spoiled it by reading this..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2028152/Million-drivers-face-losing-licence-EU-diabetes-diktat.html
Rant warning!
Looks like I shan't be telling nothing to my doctor anymore..."my diabetes is fine..I'm feeling fine...no hypos.."
I've never been out of work..could not do my work without car..never had bad 'episode' when driving..never claimed benefits..but..if I should be banned from driving for what might happen when I'm in sleep or while in home and NOT driving..I shall have to join 'the queue'.. ::)..would that be better..?
Beside..anybody who drives with mobile phone, eat/drink/apply make up etc. they only face penalty points if court in action..they are not banned for being obvious danger for the fellow drivers.
What about those who smoke or drink...they could be danger..often more so that somebody with diabetes... >:( >:(
WE ARE BEING VICTIMIZED...! >:(
OK..got my steam out..for now..I should just mind my own business..be good girl and not to say nothing..not to GP.. ::)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:32:15 by goodlife »

betula

• Hectare
Re: got me going this morning..not happy..
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:44:50 »
I am Diabetic too.This is the first I have heard of it......so crazy. >:(

Most have plenty of warning if blood sugar is dropping ........I always carry Lucozade with me............what a joke.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:51:06 »
Rant away.  Looks like you have every right.    Surely the insurance companies would have been after this if they thought it was a major issue.   Presume they have all the claim statistics.

Since we seem to be the only country to implement all the EU rules in full I think we should have more say about them.

I read the bit in the UK Diabetes about indepentant medical assessment, is this just a way of shifting the cost from the NHS.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:29:29 by Digeroo »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 10:08:29 »
 That is outrageous, i am also a Diabetic, i always carry Glucose tablets besides you know when the sugar level is dropping so what is there problem for goodness sake. >:( >:(

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 10:29:12 »
You don't often hear that diabetic has caused road accidents..its more likely the drunken, sleepy or speeding/careless drivers... ::)
DVLA has had 'funny attitude' toward diabetics for years. 18yrs ago when I moved over into UK and had to change my European licence to UK one..things got 'funny'. In Finland..at the time..there wasn't any difference for the licence for diabetic or non-diabetic drivers. I'm not 100% sure..but I still seem to think that you are valid to keep your licence 'non-stop' over there..but in this country you have to apply for new licence every 3 years or if you have complications with your health they only keep your licence for a year at the time.. ::) ::)
Ohh..insurance companies..yes, they are OK with insurance for driving..BUT...try to get travel insurance..while you are in your holidays..you are in HUGE risk of diveloping god-knows-what-complications.. ::) If I want to have travel insurance..most likely it is going to cost me more than the holiday!!..and they don't sell you insurance that would cover flights and luggage only..
OHH..I'm not going to get this steam out of me so easily it seems.. :-X I'll have prescribe a double digging session for myself..that should get some artery blocking cholestrol going..

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 18:29:49 »
I saw this item & thought of you Goodlife & others that are diabetic. They did say that no one has been reported as causing accident through hypo but could name other causes. Well we shall be saying the lunatics are running the asylum ATR.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 19:31:26 »
I dont blame you Goodlife for being so annoyed. They dont know who to pick on next do they its so unfair.  What about the millions of people that have defective eyeshight and have never had an eye test? The mobile phone users either illegally using a phone or talking on a hands free kit. Then there are the busy mums driving with the distraction of fighting kids in the car, or people driving whilst taking prescription drugs or drugs or have been drinking the night before etc etc etc.
Its high time we took a leaf out of the other countries in the EU and treated the EU laws with a pinch of salt and ignored them like they all do.!

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 20:06:03 »
.....and this came via that well-known Fount of All Knowledge - The Daily Wail?

And you believe it? :o

Well, while you're here, let me tell you about The Inaugural Launch of the Madgical Properties of my Elixir for Ailing Fruit and Vegetables sourced and developed from A Madgical Place in the Madgical East. Guaranteed 100% success to transform your produce into Jumbo-sized Size with a Punch-Packed Jumbo Taste! Amaze your neighbours! And all Yours for only £99.99p + P&P introductory offer.Cheques made out to Gullibles Travels, c/o Lishka/Lotties4all.

;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 20:18:31 »
That elixir does sounds nice.. ;D..strawberry flavoured?
But yes.. I do believe in this case..even daily wail can't come up with stuff DVLA already has been bothering me/us for years... ::)..so this alledged latest thing is just icing on the cake >:(.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 20:25:26 »
.....and this came via that well-known Fount of All Knowledge - The Daily Wail?

And you believe it? :o

Well, while you're here, let me tell you about The Inaugural Launch of the Madgical Properties of my Elixir for Ailing Fruit and Vegetables sourced and developed from A Madgical Place in the Madgical East. Guaranteed 100% success to transform your produce into Jumbo-sized Size with a Punch-Packed Jumbo Taste! Amaze your neighbours! And all Yours for only £99.99p + P&P introductory offer.Cheques made out to Gullibles Travels, c/o Lishka/Lotties4all.

;D

Google is your friend, even though the Daily Mail may not be.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2011/Aug/new-diabetes-driving-rules-being-brought-forward-97656530.html

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 20:45:59 »
My husband has had diabetes II for the last ten years or so  -  absolutely no current warning about not driving.

I am more worried about his cataracts. The driving insurance I have organised accepts 1) episodes of epilepsy in his teens and fifties and 2) heart attack in his 60s, and 3) Diabetes, and 4) blindness in one eye and cataract in the other.

His optician clears him for driving every year so far. He is 78. So what is the current problem (just asking).

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 08:46:59 »
....another grumpy morning.. ::) >:(
Neighbours across the street are having new roof..ok..no problem with that..BUT..roofers started hammering new tiles on 8 am SUNDAY MORNING... >:(
Why aren't people more considerate...??..I don't mind them working Sundays..but they could have decency to wait till 10 am..so that people can have their rest in piece...I know there is few neighbours that work nights..I feel sorry for those, can't have a rest even on Sunday morning..
Ahh..as I'm whinging and typing this one neighbour has gone outside to have words.. :-X..not that the builders seem to take any notice.. ::)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:07 »
I know exactly what you mean,we own a static caravan and grass cutting is King.

A lot of my dear friends do their best to get their grass as yellow as possible :P
by constant cutting and love to do it very early on a Sunday morning............I have managed not to complain for ten years but Grrrrrrrrrrr.

At home this week and as I live within yards of The Cathedral..............it is the bells Esmeralda.....the bells.

Some Sundays I think how lovely and on other Sundays they are BLOODY bells,

to say nothing of Monday night practise............

Still,I chose to live here and all that LOL  ;D Hope The Dean does not come onto A4A

PS
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:49:44 by betula »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal