Author Topic: thank you  (Read 1339 times)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
thank you
« on: August 18, 2011, 15:10:39 »
I just wanted to say thank you to the people on here who have answered several of my postings whilstweI´ve been in Sweden, helping to set up my son´s veggie plot.  It´s been a real learning curve, but we now have 4 raised beds for veg, one huge cold frame full of manure and another raised bed for flowers.  We´ve made paths, moved rubbish,helped to cut down a huge tree and remove it,set up a compost bin, and generally had a good tidy up around their huge garden.  I´m looking forward now to getting back to the UK and my own little lottie!  It will seem like a doddle compared to what we´ve been doing for the past month!

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 15:17:18 »
I bet you are looking forward for your month's wages.. ;) ;D
How do you find life in Sweden?..have you been before? Did you have any chance for wildfood foraging?

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
Re: thank you
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 18:28:21 »
we were here five years ago, right up in the North.  This time we're in the South-east, near kalmar, but in the countyside.  We have been in the forest, and our daughter-in-law is always going off and coming back with blueberries, rasps and chanterelles. They´ve chosen a lovely spot to live in, and there will always be some project or another that we can help with when we visit.  They have a nice big house, traditional wood built, which we´ve also been helping to paint, a huge workshop, which used to be the village school, and a garage cum summerhouse.  Our son is hoping to be building furniture.  he´s very talented in that department, so watch this space!  The people in the village are very friendly, and often comment as they go by on the improvements to the place.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal